It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Pulsating body pains for 4 months-pls read

Hi all. I have been on about EVERY board here in search of answers. Here is my story.

At the end of May, my father (only parent I have known) was dx with term pc. A couple days after this dx I started to get a bad left sided pain ( I have had this pain before), it stayed dull for a month, had a scope-I was fine, dr thinks IBS. Well about 2 wks after his dx I started to get pulsating pains in my body. Started with my ankle, I could not walk as it felt like it would snap, thought maybe I twisted it-next day it was fine. Well a few days later my entire right foot and toes felt like they were being crushed- an hr later it was fine. I started to panick that I had bone cancer. The pains continued to move around my body-mainly, ankle, toes, fingers (ususally one at a time), spine. I also noticed extreme joint cracking all over my body at the onset of this. Had a full body bone scan, tons of labs, usound of stomach organs-all clear. Also, my feet would vibrate from time to time (still does). My spine feels bruised where my bra strap hits as well.

Note during all of this I was flying to AZ each week to see my Dad while being panicked about my own health. My dad has now passed away.

Now for the past month I have had non stop muscle twitches. I feel like a little popcorn machine. I have had an MRI without contrast of my head mid and lower spine (clear). I had a muscle/nerve test-clear.

My question is could this be caused from stress. I know stress causes cortisol to be released so could too much cortisol cause fleeting pains, extreme joint cracking and muscle twitches?

I got a kit to do a spit test too.

I am just feeling hopeless as everything comes back clear which is good I guess. I do find it hard to believe it is stress though!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Pulsating body pains for 4 months-pls read

Hi K2,

I am sorry you are suffering so much. By chance, have they checked your thyroid levels? I am in no way a doctor, I could be way off but I am wondering because of some of your symptoms you mention.

Also, it is amazing how stress can impact your body so anything is possible.

I would strongly suggest that you not stick with one doctor for more than 3 to 6 months before moving on to a new one because sometimes you can see another doctor and they may figure out that final piece in the puzzle so to speak and know exactly what the problem is. I have found sometimes that changing doctors is sometimes a good thing and it can lead to resolution of an ongoing problem.

Good luck and I will lift you up in prayer.

Pepper

Last edited by ms_west; 10-08-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

K, First of all let me tell you I am sorry about the lose of your father.
I think when pain/symptoms are spread through out the body like yours it throws doctors off, makes it harder to know where to look for the cause.
I think Pepper has made a excellant suggestion.
It does sound like perhaps it could have muscle & nerve involvment.
I am wondering what medications the doctors may have tried with you. Such as muscle relaxers & so on... & did anything give you relief.
I have been through multiple tests also & I honestly believe after hearing other stories in addition to my own with all medical technology things are still missed or perhaps do not show up in all these tests. Perhaps it was just the timing, with your dad & symtoms occuring & all. You mentioned that you experianced abit before your dad became ill, so it sounds like it was there but just progressed.
Has Fibro. been mentioned or checked for? I dont know to much about it but I know it can effect different areas of the body.
Its your body & you know when somethings wrong, so keep pressuring your doctors.
My doctors know my pain is real, they can see & feel that there is something wrong but yet are still trying after years to pinpoint the exact cause. So you are not alone & I think others will agree that it is the most frustrating thing to sit & wonder. Please keep us posted. Sammy

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 AM   #4
(male)

kurtis18 HB User

its an unbelivable coicedence but i have had your same symptoms for exctually 4 months and they started 2 days after my farthers passing..i feel your paiin here and offer my deepest condolences. its not right being this ill when we should be mourning

Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Interesting. Can you explain your pains and symptoms more? Did they just go away out of the blue?

Closed Thread