It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Is Anoyone Else Freaking Out About The Cost Of Meds And The Economy?

With everything going on, the one thing other than being able to pay for food, and living expenses, is my meds. Im terrified at the thought of what medication costs are going to do...
Im sure everyone else is thinking the same thing. I read an article tonite about stocking up on items, ect. and if I cannot get any more than 1 month of meds prescribed, it makes me shudder. Besides food, the number one items was of course meds.
I know I need to chill and relax, but Im really scared...At least I have funds to help for for a bit, but they wont last forever, and now with not being able to do my job, ect. Well...Im sure all of you feel the same way.
This is my only support, all of you...and we are all in the same boat.
I guess I just needed to vent. Everything kind of hit me this week at once.
Thanks for being my online family. I really depend on you all. Thank you for being here for me~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 10-10-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Is Anoyone Else Freaking Out About The Cost Of Meds And The Economy?

Izzy,

I have to admit at this point I don't actually pay anything for my meds as I've reached my out of pocket so my insurance pays 100%, but I always read the phamplet the pharmacy gives out and look at the pricing. I haven't noticed any increase in the cost of the meds yet. Since I'm in Finance and Stock Education for a living, I tend to really keep an eye on these things, track trends and so forth. One major thing that people are going to have to remember is, like you said, not to panic, because honestly there is nothing that can be done. Dr.'s are not going to write months worth of script so people can stockpile, and if folks are worrying and getting stressed out, then it will make their pain worse and raise their BP, etc. My grammy used to always tell me don't borrow tomorrow's trouble, you have enough today, I'm a bit of a worrywort myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

I luvs your grammy~
What a great saying! Thx for the support~
xooxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 10-11-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
(female)

meg914 HB User

You can try asking your doc for a Rx for a three month supply (like mail in pharmacies use) Wal-Mart will also fill three month prescriptions. Not sure if they will do this with narcotic meds, but you could ask. [you can find] drug discount cards and print a free card that will give you about 40 to 50% off the cost of your prescriptions. Even though I have insurance I got my doc to change my meds to generic and also get three month prescriptions because the cost is only ten dollars each at several pharmacies. Hope this helps.

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-11-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Directing searches is not permitted

Old 10-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

during the storm i had to use heb 5 dollar plan. Our money was so tight due to no power and being careful about making things last.
With costs going up and having to repair so much stuff
I finnaly got a docs appointment in 1 for monday rhumy and 1 for tuesday internest. The neru office isn]t open yet.
Imagine having to pay for meds 2 times because the first group was lost in the storm....
Yea i hear you it is very very scary.......
I will ask for samples make sure everything is generic. Luckily i got extra patches before gustov and they were in a water proof safe ( thank goodness for small blessings)
it is ok to vent these are scary times......

Old 10-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Meg,

Just for information purposes, narcotics do not work that way. You can only get 1 months supply at a time. Even mail order type insurances do not give out more than 1 months supply and most do not deal with narcotics at all. Just wanted to let you know.

kat

Old 10-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Izzy,

Yeah I loved my grammy too, she was chocked full of witty sayings like that. Unfortunately she's not with us anymore, but we still have her "sayings" to remember her by.

Hope you're doing well, and getting better each day in dealing with your recent loss.

Kat

Closed Thread