It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
crazy pain

Hi everyone,
I feel some days I am going abit crazy, all this pain & never really any back pain. Well I have had back pain so bad for the last several days. My PM is on vacation my husband is picking up the cobra tommorrow & have to schedule an appointment with the surgeon. I truely hope this new pain will finally lead to something. Hurts like mad in the center of my back. All this medication & very little relief. The last 2 nights I have had my husband rub my back with warm olive oil mixed with essential oils & I am so tender under both scapulas.
I feel like my back is in a vice & its aggravating my shoulders terrable.
I so feel for those of you with back pain. I always counted my blessing that I did not actually have to suffer from actual back pain.
It was so bad on the way home from our friends & mass I prayed all the way home with my seat reclined. Pressure, tons of pressure. I could not even remember my prayers I was in so much pain.
This has been a pain rollercoaster first the neck & headaches now the back, all in month or two.
I keep telling myself if this leads the doctors to the source it will be worth it.
Mid back scares me. I hope its not in the T area.
So please pray with me that this finally leads to the source of all this suffering.
God bless, Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 10-20-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Re: crazy pain

Sammy,

I'm so sorry you are having back pain now too. Something you might try, have your husband check the big muscles in your back on both sides of the spine both below and above the area that is hurting for any knots. It's possible there is something knotted up that is pulling on your spine. I had this happen a few weeks ago, my mid back (T7-8) was really bad - the massage therapist found a huge knot maybe 3-4 inches above the sciatic notch on the left side. Once she worked that out, that pain went away. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Tigg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Sammy,
I am glad that finally you will be able to go and see your DR. Unfortunatelly without tests done very hard to determent what is really going on with your back.
My friend had so much problems with her back. When she went for MRI and CT - was perfectly clear. But the problem was just with the muscle due to her position during her work day.
He sent her for PT, hot tob, gave her special stretches and excersices, she is doing so good today! I hope that your problem may be muscle related pain and they will be able to help you.

Best of luck to you!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thanks ladies, I just hope it can be dealt with soon. Up all night, arm/shoulder & back woke me up everytime I moved. Having some sharp shooting pain going all the way down to waist level in my back & major chest pain.
Geez only up around 10 minutes & cant raise my arms or straighten them out & my rib area is throbbing.
Woke in the middle of the night & had to get out of bed with this back. Once again boy do I sympathize with those of you who have back pain. Last night this was going all the way into my buttock area & crazy enough my foot was hurting. I thought it was the position I was in. To be honest I am really getting tired of all this pain. I wish the surgeons appointment was today. I am feeling pretty cranky the last couple days.Once again thanks & god bless, Sammy

Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Sami, my heart goes out to you because I what it is to suffer the way you are suffering. As I have told you before I suffer from both RSD and Cervical Dystonia. I know what it's like to have the tightness in the muscles in your shoulder and back and the sharping shooting pains as well. I also have not been able to lift neither one of my arms over my head except to put my shirt on any other time I try to do something that involves lifting my arms over my head brings on severe muscle spasms in my neck and shoulder. I also wanted to add don't get all your hopes on something showing up on a MRI because I've had countless MRI's and X-rays and nothing never showed up on any of them. The only test they ever did that showed something was wrong was a nerve conductor test that showed I had two dead nerves in my arm. I first started having the spasms in the left-side of my neck and my shoulder was in alot of pain and very sensitive to the touch. I was then sent to an Orthopedic and they discovered that there was alot of weakness in my left arm. Also every time I would try to extend my left arm sharp pains would run up my arm. There are really no tests that they can perform that dx'd RSD or Cervical Dystonia, most doctors go by the symptoms. Luckily enough I was dx'd finally by a doctor who knew what RSD was. I do hope you will find someone who can help you and I hope for your sake and sanity that the MRI will reveal what is wrong with you. I know what it's like to live everyday with pain and spasms and no one seems to know what's wrong. I also hope that once the MRI reveals something that it's something that can be fixed so you won't have to suffer much more.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh what would I do with out all of you?
Ok ladies I got the MRI results & yes there seems to be some issues.
I wont go into it to much here its posted on the spinal board.
I dont have a clue what the doctors will say about it but thanks be to god that finally we may have some explanations.

I can tell you looks like I will be going through more tests, I am not dragging my feel on this.
I will put up a post on a topic I feel is important, but I want you all to know how very important you are to me & how much your support gives me strength to get out & do what has to be done. You have all been there for me & I feel blessed to have you in my life. All of you. God bless, Sammy

Closed Thread