It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
An update (still in pain)

Hi, I haven't been around for a while. I wish I could say it is because I was pain free. But no. The pain is just getting worse. I'm on the Fentanyl Patch and Oxycodone every 4-6 hours. I am never pain free. The meds sometimes takes the edge off. I just started Aqua Therapy. Hopefully it will help. I've had horrible pain the past two days. The pain is in my lower left pelvic area. Not sure if it is from my back or previous ovary surgeries. I get the pain every now and then but never this bad. Just go diagnosed with Intersistal Cystitis (sp?). If I go to a Dr. they will blame on my back or bladder. How do you get the Dr. to understand something is wrong. I know it doesn't feel right in there. If it keeps up I will go to the Dr. Last year I had an ultrasound and they found something called Adenoymsis (sp?). Year ago they said it was an ovary which was taken out years before. They insisted they were right. I guess that is all related. I'm sure the back and bladder pain are also connected. I'm just so sick of the pain. I'm sure the Aqua Therapy will help a little and the pain will come back when I stop going. I've been through therapy, pain management, epidural shots etc. It is just one thing after another with pain. So that is my update.

Hope everyone is doing well. I don't see many of the names I use to see.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: An update (still in pain)

Hi Hessie,

I am sorry to read that you are still having problems. When someone disappears for awhile, I can't help but pray that they have found some much needed pain relief and are out there enjoying life to the fullest. I know that is exactly where I would be. LOL

It does amaze me how sometimes the drs are quick to blame pain on a current problem. To share with you, they were blaming these horrible sweats on my pain meds and severe cramps in my legs on my back. Only to find out by accident 6 months later, that I had a reason for this pain and believe it or not it was due to my thyroid. I am sharing this with you not for your sympathy but only to say that YES they do in fact blame new pains on our back or other health issues and don't always look at new possible causes. Keep on plugging and fight for testing.

I am sorry to see that you have interstitial cystitis. That is extremely painful. I had a bout with it and had some surgery for endometroisis and it ended up taking care of these symptoms. Not sure why but it ended up relieving a large portion of it. I have some issues now and then -- maybe once a year. I pray that you find some resolution here as well.

It is good to hear from you and I think of you and many others who don't post often frequently wondering what happened to my dear old friends.

Take care and God Bless,
Pepper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Hessie, Its good to hear from you but so very sorry your suffering so.
It so true your comment on doctors. Its a shame because other existing problems can be let go & allowed to cause even more problems.
I have heard good things on the aqua therapy & really hope this helps you. It can be a tough road especially when additional pain or problems strike. You are in my prayers, god bless, Sammy

Old 10-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Hessie,
I had 2 hysteroctomies: partial at 35 and full at 45.
The pain we experience may come from scar tissue. Scar tissue hurts a lot, it's pulling pain sometimes, sometimes like stubbing pain... But always there for me.
My DR is right about it, he also said that no test shows this condition but since people have any surgery on soft tissues -they get scar tissues. Bone surgeries create arthrities, soft scar tissues. This may be a problem for you too.
Unfortunately nothing much can be done. I was suggested stretches, mild walking, swimming, massage on that area, heat/ice. Nothing new, right? But it's very helpful.
Just a thought.
Good luck to you!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Hessie, bless your heart - I was hoping you were doing better and not still working out a regime for pain relief - did you ever get you disability - I am still waiting (2 and 1/2 years)
Sky is always so soothing with her replies - wouldn't she be a wonderful neighbor Huggs Aver

Closed Thread