It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Hello Everyone

Sorry I haven't been around. It has been a bit of a rough road for me recently. I just wanted to say that I have missed my dear friends and if I could have been here I would have been. I'm not sure how often I'll have the chance to post, and I will try to catch up on a few threads today. I hope all of my dear, dear friends are doing as well as is possible.

Each and every day has been a challenge for me lately. I've had some pain and some personal issues, but I'll just leave it at that for now. One of the bright spots is that I have reconnected with some old friends recently, and it has been a very positive experience for me.

I'll try to post more later, but for now I just wanted to say that I am alive and will be reading and posting where/when I can. Much love and many hugs to all of my pals here. I've truly missed you all. God Bless, CMP/MM

Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Hello Everyone

Nice to hear from you, I was thinking about you.
I am not on board anymore as much, read more than post. I am not in best of shape right now, so not much I can say at the moment. Meds I am taking for my MS, RA and CP are making me extremely tired.

Good luck to you in everything you do and feel better please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

cmp, Oh I have missed you! So happy to hear from you, I was really getting worried. I hope all is well & anything I can help with or just to listen I am here my friend. God bless, Sammy

Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpgirl View Post
Sorry I haven't been around. It has been a bit of a rough road for me recently. I just wanted to say that I have missed my dear friends and if I could have been here I would have been. I'm not sure how often I'll have the chance to post, and I will try to catch up on a few threads today. I hope all of my dear, dear friends are doing as well as is possible.
It is so good to hear from you! I have been really worried about you. I must say that your contributions have been greatly missed here. You add so much value! Not a lot of traffic some days, but hey, that gives me a reason to get other things done in my life! But, I also understand that when you aren't feeling well, you have other priorities. I've been through those times as well...They definitely come and go.

Take care, and I hope you start to feel better.

Regards,

Ex

Old 10-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back. I really and truly have missed you all so very much.

I am doing so-so, as far as my pain is concerned. I have some increased pain these days, but I believe much of it is due to the stress that I've had over the last few months. I know you can all relate to how that works!

In case any of you remember, I had been having some bowel issues. There was a problem with a small obstruction, but it was resolved without the need for surgery, thank God. I am still having some residual problems in that arena, but I'm slowly working out a new regimine that is helping to bring it all under control again. I never realized how much something like that could cause so much added pain and fatigue. I would not wish any of it on my worst enemy.

I also have some news regarding my brother. I can't remember whether I've posted since he recieved the results of his biopsy, but it was malignant. (Larynx cancer) The one positive in this, is that it is a very slow growing cancer and it has been caught early. His oncologist has given him a very good prognosis and he is currently about to start his second week of radiation treatments. According to the doc, he gives it a 99% chance of full recovery. A secondary, but very important outcome from all of this, is that my brother has completely stopped all of the disturbing behaviors that I was so worried about back in September. I guess this was a major wake-up call for him. So, one day at a time, as they say.........

I guess that's it for now. I'm quite tired today, and not feeling completely up to par, so I'll try to pop in soon and catch up some more. For all of my good friends with current threads, I apologize for not replying to any just yet. I promise I will get around to it soon. Thank you all again. As always, I am so grateful to have your kindness and support. God Bless, CMP/MM

Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Oh CMP - It is so good to hear from you - Things seem different on the board lately but I have not posted much - I have been in and out of hospital so not doing so great right now - I will read up in the morning but I'm tired right now so - welcome back huggs Aver

Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

I've missed you too! I haven't been around much either...increased issues with meds and my brother's cancer. I'll start a new thread.

Hope things improve for you! Take care, Mush

Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User

Sounds like we have all been distracted and not posting. It is nice to here that you are ok. I am also struggling a bit with my pipes, it is part of what we all have to deal with at some stage. I have bad reflux and that has been unpleasant in the middle of the night, so I have to lay off the nibbelies at night watching tele etc. I hope you are able to manage things well and get well.
Allan

Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Thank you all so much for your love and support. I almost ended up in the ER again on Monday night. I have some appointments coming up, so we can figure out just what is going on. It certainly does seem that there is a lot happening to everyone. Lots of medical and family issues. Lots of changes in people's lives and decisions to be made.

I'm pretty wiped out, both physically and emotionally, so I'll try to log on when I'm up to it. Please know that you are all in my daily thoughts and prayers. Be well and God Bless, CMP/MM

Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

cmp, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles, you are such a trooper & been through so much. I am thrilled with the news about your brother.
He is lucky & I hope this opens up a door for some happiness & new beginnings for him & his daughters. Life can really teach us some lessons & we are wise to learn well from them. God bless, Sammy

Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

Sammy is right -you are a trooper and you do it all with love and kindness -
keep on troopin'

huggs Aver

Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Campergirl...so sorry to hear that you are having such worries and problems...I have been a very inconsiderate member lately...long story...and decided today that I have to come back and take part in the boards again...life is too busy, but I can't stop caring about friends here. Hope your day goes well for you.

Sage

Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Gang,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. Please just let me first say that I love you all to pieces. You have been my "rocks" or soft place to fall for so long and I never feel like I have ever thanked you enough for supporting me through thick and thin.

Sage, Please don't apologize for not being around enough. (or anyone else for that matter) I guess I've always felt that no matter where you are or how often (or not) you post, that you've always cared about me and had my best interests at heart. Lord knows, I haven't been on line nearly as often as I used to be myself. It's just the way life goes. Especially "our" lives.

I don't have a ton of time to update you all right at the moment, but I hope to be able to do some catching up and posting in the next day or two. I promise I'll fill you all in on what's happening and bring you all up to date. For now, I am surviving. Just barely, some days....... but surviving none the less.

Please know that you are all in my heart and very much in my prayers each and every day and that will never change. God Bless you all and I'm sending the biggest warmest hugs that this old body can muster. Be well, CMP/MM

Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

It's so good to hear from you Cmpgirl! I've been wondering how you've been feeling. I hope you start to feel better soon. I've really missed your posts as you've always added a lot of value to the board, especially greeting new people. I really hope all is ok. When you feel up to it, please catch us up to speed on how you're doing.

Take care, and hope you start to feel better.

Best regards,

Ex

Old 11-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Thanks so much Ex, for your very kind words. I can certainly say "right back atchya". Here's a bit of the update that I mentioned......

There have been so many things going on in my life lately. I have had some less than wonderful things happening, but have had some real positives as well. I may have mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I've had some old friends come back into my life and it has done wonders for me, both emotionally and physically. I had thought that I would probably never see these folks again, but they found me, after all this time.

I am still struggling with my own health as well as my brother's cancer. He recieved an excellent prognosis, but since he has been getting treatment, he has also taken a slide backwards in other areas of his life. (Maybe you remember my old thread on the A&R board) I keep having to tell myself that it is out of my hands and that I need to focus on my own health.

I have had several "mini" obstructions (bowel) and it's possible that my many years of being on meds has finally caught up with me. I am learning how to control the situation day by day and things are starting to look up. Sadly, I think we all know, only too well, how stress can affect our chronic pain and how we manage it. For the first time in years, the combination of stress and my intestinal problems have caused my spine health issues to flare up again. They used to be on the back burner (sorry, no pun intended), but now it is a daily struggle for me. I have to have a new MRI in the next couple of months and I am hoping that none of my discs have worsened to the degree where surgery might have to be considered. Fingers crossed.........

Well, that's about all I can do for now. I get very tired these days, and I need to start rebuilding my strength. I will try to continue to update as I can. God Bless you all and I hope you are all feeling as well as you can. Hugs and prayers, CMP/MM

Closed Thread