It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
burning pain

I laid in bed last night & had the worst burining type of pain right up against my spine, like a charlie horse type of pain but burning at the same time. Does this sound familier?
Boy that hurts, I truely cant wait to get into the doctor this is getting out of control, seems to just be progressing daily & I am getting alot of chest pain.
Let me know it this is simulair to what you experiance, I have my MRI report on the spinal board thought that was where it belongs, take a look if you want & see what you think. God bless, Sammy

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:09 AM.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
burning pain

Ok Sky, it was right in between the scapula & spine itself, I never fully understood "burning" in that area until I felt that myself but yes its an actual burning pain. Right next to my spine has been tingling like mad on & off for the past few days. It seems to almost aggravate everything when I lay down. I would think it would give me relief but for the last few nights it almost seems worse when I get in bed. I have not been able to sleep or relax for 3 nights, I swear whatever is happening is there is really kicking into high gear, thank god my PM ordered that MRI, just in time or I would have been going crazy wondering what was up in there. I cant get rid of the chest pain when I lay down. I wondered last night if laying was putting additional pressure somewhere, you know. Of course when you in pain your always thinking whats causing what.
My husband has taken the couch for the last couple nights because I am so uncomforable & not sleeping & the smallest of things will wake me up.

I am remembering things from when this started that make some sense now just abit more. The lumbar has never been addressed but yet in the very beginning I would get hot spots on my thigh, like someone was holding a hot match on my skin. I am thinking perhaps that is a clue.

I am relieved to have had something show on this MRI trust me I am just abit worried what will happen from here. I dont want to suffer for another year of 2 while the doctors try this & that or decide what to do. I feel more limited in this past week & I am scared of this new back pain. I have to bring in some kind of income or I have no insurance. I am trusting in god to help me out here & I know he will, I just have to have faith.
I hope you find more relief as your recovery progresses you so deserve to go on with your life, You will make a wonderful nurse & who ever you help will be so lucky to have you.
Let me know what you think, kind of sounds like if may be in the general area that you struggle with. God bless you for caring so, Sammy

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

burning pain

Sky, that pillow sounds great. We have an actual store not far that cut whatever type & shape you need out of materials like foam.

As for treatments I will not go the PT route for the neck, every single time I ended up in bed with those headaches that would not allow me to move my head. Kind like the one that landed me into ER.
I am at the point I am not fearful of speaking up to doctors, I am the one suffering here & I am tired of feeling at ones mercy. Its my body, my life.
We will see what else is said surgeon on thursday. I am more afaid of them saying this is not whats causing all the pain, but have a feeling this time it wont be the case. I am prerry sure there will be more testing.
Thank you my friend, from the get go we have walked the road of CP together hoping for the best. I am convinced we are on our way, but as usual at a turtles pace. God bless, Sammy

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:11 AM.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
burning pain

I have the same burning pain next to my scapula. My docs have never looked any lower than the c-spine. I'm sure it's something in the thoracic area. The reason they haven't looked lower is because the pain in my chest is far, far worse so that is the pain they tried to get rid of..or at least tried to find out where it was coming from.

Sammy, where is your chest pain? What does it feel like? I always say mine is in my lung and it hurts when I breathe because it still feels like I have pneumonia. My doctors say this is impossible because the lung can't feel pain so they call it "chest wall pain". All I know is that it sucks! I hope your mri points your docs in the right direction and they can do something for you.~Mush

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

burning pain

Mush, The pain I have is in the left chest wall, it can be right above or through the breast but mostly smack in the center, kind of the sternum area.
It usually sharp & aches. Very scary.
If I am not mistaken I believe I have heard others say they have have had chest pain in & problems in the C area. Who knows anymore whats going on in there. I know my PM focused on the T 1 due to the rib & chest pain.
I did have a couple days it hurt to touch my chest at times.
Perhaps this surgeon will know more of whats normal or what can cause what.
Perhaps certain problems can cause pain to radiate into different areas, especailly since you have the nerves invovled.
My surgeon thought there was myofascial damage involved & I am praying its not what causes all this chest pain. My entire arm can hurt so somehow its all tied in.
I am so sorry you are still in pain. So frustrating when you dont have an answer why.
Do you have any pain or symptoms else where? I am sorry I cant remember.
My back hurts know, never really did but this past month its been really hurting. moslty between the shoulders but it can go up & down somewhat.
I hope you get somewhere, I know what its like. god bless Sammy

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

burning pain

Sky, I am thinking more & more about that pillow. I think a wedge type pillow would be better after that surgery, just thinking about trying to use a regular pillow makes me cringe. I did take care of my sister after cervical surgery & trying to remember some, I do know she struggled to rest comfortably. I am going to start looking soon. Perhaps it can be my early christmas gift. Just thought I would let you know I am going to be looking. Thanks for reminding me. Sammy

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:13 AM.

Closed Thread