It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
surgeons appointment thursday

Hello everyone,
As you can see I have been on alot lately & have a feeling will be even more so next couple weeks here.
I have a surgeons appointment thursday & am anxious to see what he has to say about my MRI results.
After what seems a life time I am praying I can get some answers.
I have my PMs the following wed. & at that time am asking him his opinion on these results as far as contributing to my pain. I have had to go off the Avinza do to the cobra not being activated in time to fill it but just picked it up yesturday.
Of course a mistake was made & that is why the cobra was not activated. So I was not happy I had to stay in more pain do to someones mistakes.
Anyway I will resume it today & pray it gives me abit more relief, if not I will be telling the PM I wish for more control till they decide whats to be done.

I find I am no longer fearful of speaking up. since my husbands lay off I am the only one bringing in an income & I have to be able to work at least some what & wish to do so with more pain control. I sat home & relaxed for 2 days & it did not make a difference in my pain levels much at all. The mornings are still awful & my ROM is worse then ever. I strap ice on at work & heat when I feel it may help.
Please keep me in your prayers that finally I get some answers.
god bless & thanks again for standing by me. Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: surgeons appointment thursday

Hi Sammy, you know you'll be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that the surgeon can answer your questions and give you some answers as to what is wrong. I also hope it something that can be fix with surgery so you can finally get some relief from all your pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyo1 View Post

I have had to go off the Avinza do to the cobra not being activated in time to fill it but just picked it up yesturday.
Of course a mistake was made & that is why the cobra was not activated. So I was not happy I had to stay in more pain do to someones mistakes.
Anyway I will resume it today & pray it gives me abit more relief, if not I will be telling the PM I wish for more control till they decide whats to be done.
Sorry to hear about your insurance. How long were you without it? Did you go into WD? Hopefully, it will kick back in pretty quick and you can get some relief.

Take care, and I hope you feel better.

Ex

Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

I've been there with the insurance. Luckily with my hubby's union we were able to keep our insurance with a cheaper price than cobra. We still had to go without for a week because they forgot to process the paperwork! No fun.

I hope the avinza is helping your pain somewhat. How long have you been taking it...or was this your first time? Please keep us posted with news from your surgeon and pm. I hope whatever they suggest makes your pain diminish!!
Good Luck!~Mush

Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thanks everyone, I put a new post up had some bad news today.
I so appreicate all your support.
As far as the Avinza, boy I was in so much pain the past couple days I was glad to be back on it, but my pain levels are so high right now, hard to say how I would have been with out it today. I will say I did not get relief right away when starting on it before & just abit more after a couple of days, I believe 2 or 3 days cant think straight tonight.
Ex, I did go through some shakes & sweats & nausea & kind of like a weakness, could not think real clear, which I guessed could have been from not having the Avinza, but my husband said if it got worse & the insurance did not kick in by monday he would pay cash.
My pain levels are still above a 5 for the most part and an easy 8 in the mornings, a couple hrs relief after the percocet at the most & still at a level 5.
What ever is going on in there is really been acting up, I am sure the weather change is not helping either, cold & damp, rainy.
I just want to sit & not move my arms at all in the morning. Nausea is back from the pain. I am going to try to lay for at least a few minutes after taking my percocet in the morning. I take 1/2 when I get up & 1/2 after I start moving. I cant seem to take it all at once or it makes me abit more nauseated & then after trying to move I have very little pain control.
I asked the Rehab doctor long ago if this was ok to do & he said yes. By the time I would get out of the shower it was like I took nothing at all.
I am curious if now that these MRIs are revealing something if the PM will agree to try to give me something for more relief. We will see.
God bless you all, Sammy

Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 AM   #6
(female)

meOmy1711 HB User

Hi Sammy
Remember me? I am the one thay donated me kidney to my brother at Boumount? I have a new name. computer crashed, so i thought... went to brother a few weekends ago and he found that it was just a USB shorting it out.

I just wanted to tell you I am sorry about your bad news, and you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hope all goes well at your appt. today. I have really missed this site! Everyone is so nice here. So uplifting when someone is down. I know how family sometimes gets tired of hearing about it, and it is wonderful to have people that know how it is!

As for my Update.... I am still in pain... taking morphine and darv. for BT pain. Also neurontin.
On Wed. I am going to the PC and getting a Stimulator in my spine. trial for 2 weeks and if it helps I will be going to the hospital to get it in permanently. The Doc said if I don't like it after that then he will take it out, soooo I figured i would give it a try. I have been debating it for over a yr, and i really hate this medication. hopefully it will help with the pain so i won't be on the meds. Or at least maybe not as much.
well I wish you well!
pain free days all!
E.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

sammy,just wanted to wish you well on the appt with the surgeon. make certain to bring your notebook with all those questions you need answers to. and don;t be afraid to ask any and all questions that you simply have needed answers to.don't let him blow off anything you feel is important. now is the time sweetie. let us know how it goes. marcia

Old 10-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

E, wow, so nice to hear from you. I was over to where you were last you were on the boards today. I will be going over there for awhile for now looks like. I am so sorry your still in pain, so sad after giving such a wonderful gift, I truely hope you get all the good you deserve.

Marcia, bless you. I will put up a post on the surgeons appointment & I know I will see you there, I better rest up my friend. Sammy

Closed Thread