It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Update on appointment

Ok everyone had appointment, terrable pain day.
Just to lay & have the xrays & bending the neck & raising the arms did me in.
Glad its over. Just to let you all know it will be surgery for me, neck, which I will post on the spinal board & later lumbar, maybe in about a year he said.
Have to call & set it up, my husband & best friend convinced me to get it over with. It will be right at the holidays of course, Thus far probably before Christmas.
The surgeon is booked till Dec1 & does not want me to wait long to decide or it will end up after the new year. I know by know I have to have it. I will go over it with my PM next wed.
The surgeon said my PM can order another MRI on the lumbar but there is already problems in the L1 & 2, due to the symtoms & MRI he said probably be looking at surgery there to. So from no diagnosis for all these years to 2 surgerys, 3 including the shoulder last Jan.
See what I mean, all of you like Tigger who cant find whats causing your pain, dont give up.
I can only hope it will get rid of most of it but as you know there is no promises & who knows if there is neuro. damage from all the waiting.
So ACDF in december.
I will now have to ask my PM to help abit more till surgery & hopefully he will continue to help through the lumbar problems & any other issues.
I dont want my PM dropping out of the picture here & am some what worried about it.
I never brought up my lower back & hip becuase of all the remarks from doctors in the past, I am sure my PCP has in down due to me limping in there with my husband in pain during one visit. I was told I was more or less imaging it all, depressed & all that crap. So we will see what he says. I will be up front & honest with him. Once bitten, twice shy. No way did I want my PM thinking along the lines as some of the other doctors & I will tell him that. Now that I have some back up with the MRIs I wont be so fearful. Hopefully he understands.
Thank all of you & know that without you all I would have been crazy by now. God bless, Sammy
PS Marcia, as I said in the other post rest up, you have till december,lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User
Re: Update on appointment

[removed] if pain management gives you any problem, ask them to call the surgeon and see if he can move the date forward - he probably will not do that but will continue to help you until your surgery date - only in the medical field is a service referred to as help - they are providing a paid for service and it irks me that most of them do not see it this way
huggs Aver

Last edited by HBMod07; 11-02-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Please do not make inappropriate comments about doctors

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Sammy, I was going to respond earlier but I've been sick with a real nasty bad cold. This is the first time I've been sick in awhile and of course it hit me real hard. I wanted to say that I'm glad they have finally found something on your MRI and I hope that the surgery will help relieve the pain you've been suffering from. I'm also sorry to her about your sister who has cancer. Hopefully, you can get hurry up and get the surgery done so you can be able to visit with your sister soon. I will be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers that everything will work out for the both of you.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

don't worry sammy,i am up for the challenge,lol. just wanted to mention something about possibly getting that surgery moved up a bit if things are just way too intolerable? see if you can get on their cancellation list. this is what my orthos secretary who does the scheduling did for me. i had gone in to get my knee surgery set in like early march? only to be told it would at LEAST the end of april before he had a slot open that was the right time frame for my surgery, but she told me,tho people don;t cancel alot since the wait is usually pretty long with my particular surgeon,there has been times when they just have to cancel. amazingly,she called me only two weeks later on a monday and asked me what i was doing on thrursday as she DID have a cancellation i could use. geez what a flippin relief. there was just no way i could have waited that long to get my horridly painful and swollen knee fixed. it was a godsend. just a suggestion for moving thigs up if things are notgoing well. most surgeons DO have that cancellation list,just ask about it if nothing else. it IS an option that could help get this all done and overwith much sooner. good luck hon, marcia

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Hello everyone, Something is wrong, had right hand numb for last couple mornings & woke up at 1:00am with the worst pain going from under right scapula down arm into hand, fingers were swollen & painful tingling, & that headache is back from the neck. I screamed from the pain. Intense pain in that ring finger & down the back of the upper arm. Its hurts like mad & this headache is scaring me, same one that sent me into ER. PM appointment today. Cant cry hurts worse to cry.
This pain level is at least a 9 & have to find someone to drive me now to my appointment. Hurts to much to move my head. I cant believe this.
I am not sure what is going on but my daughter accidently ran into the back or me with the grocery cart, almost knocked me clear off my feet. I felt my neck snap. She was reading a magazine & not watching where she was going. My whole back hurts, hurts to walk, pressure in the lower back & my legs feel heavy. This is not good. Geez I am not having much luck lately.
I am talking to my PM today about surgery, although I pretty much know he is going to say what other choice is there.
I am also going to ask him if a wedge pillow would be helpful now. I am afraid to go to sleep tonight, sounds silly but I cant handle pain like that. No postion seems to help, cant go on my left nor right, it all hurts.
I need better PM until this surgery so we will see what he has to say, my husband cant go along today & he seems to listen more when he is along.
You know I just cant seem to go with the flow right now, this is getting to me & I am to the point I just want to lay in bed. Really just tired of it all. I have no energy & I am forcing myself to move.
wish me luck today & please continue to pray that my husband gets this job he has applied for, that will ease my mind so much. god bless, Sammy

Closed Thread