It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Diagnosis - finally...

My Dr. has determined that this is almost certainly myofascial. None of the imaging has shown anything we didn't already know about and ruled out as a cause of the rib pain. The only other possibility is that I had shingles but did not get the rash, but this really wouldn't explain the muscle spasms and knots, and doesn't change the treatment any. My Dr. want's me to try a longer acting medication so I start MS Contin this evening, (I've got a day off tomorrow). I'm also trying a very low dose of amitryptline (sp?), hopefully low enough it won't trigger the pulse/bp problems. I'm going to try a different massage therapist that my Dr. recommended since it's possible a more experienced therapist will be able to help more. I thought I was prepared to hear this, but it's bothering me more than I thought it would. At least I have a Dr. that is willing to work with me on getting this under control, I know it could be much worse.

Tigg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Diagnosis - finally...

Tigger I am happy you are getting some where. Did you have an MRI?
Although my dx the same as you after starting the PM he was adamant about further testing & of course you know the rest, messed up discs. We will see what remains after surgery & at that time I will bet they will say myofascial, especailly in the ribs.
What matters most is you get some relief.
What were you taking before? I hope you get relief & peace of mind most of all.
god bless, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thank goodness you are finally being heard and someone is giving you a diagnosis. Now hopefully you can start receiving the pain relief and treatment you deserve.

My biggest advice to take it all one day at time and just concentrate on learning as much information as you can about this diagnosis and work on finding the proper treatment to bring you some pain control. I know it is easier said then done, but try to not worry about the future. You have enough on your plate as you absorb and process all of this.

Blessings to you and your family.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User

Tigger,

I am happy to read that you finally have a diagnosis! I have been following your story on this board for a while now, and have really felt for you going through all of those tests.

I pray you get the relief you need.

Step

Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Diagnosis - finally...

I am glad that you were able to get a dx. It definatly takes a load off of your shoulders, from having to wonder or become anxious trying to figure it all out. I was dx. with myofacial disorder, several months ago. It really did not make a difference for me, as I was already on a pain management regimine and it would have been the same type of treatment, if I had just been dx. with the myofacial was the only problem.

I am keeping you in my prayers,

Lorie

Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

Isn't it interesting when we get an offical name how much better or weirder we feel? usualy they always just treat the symptoms as they occur but once a name is attached then some controlling of the symptoms come along. Then that nagging stuff was it all in my head as docs kept saying goes away finnaly.

It is also interesting in some cases it can take years to get a doc willing to go beyond normal and get the correct labs ....
I am so glad you found someone willing to work with you.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
(female)

shananava HB User

It felt good to me too to get a name to put w/ conditions. I had been called a nut long enough. I pray they will get you some pain control and quality of life back.
hugs
shannon

Closed Thread