It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Peppermint oil Anyone ??

I had heard that people use this for headaches and rub their temples with it and saw some in the store the other day so I decided what the heck. I am in love with it. Hubby has been massaging my lower back with it and I have have used it for a headache and believe it or not, it HELPED!!

So just thought I would mention it.....one never knows.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
Re: Peppermint oil Anyone ??

That's great Pepper! I'm glad it's helped you....I think I'll give it a try too...hubby too. My daughter is supposed to take some for her tummy.
She drinks peppermint tea and it helps a little but we haven't purchased the oil as of yet. Maybe we need to move up to the oil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Pepper good for you, as you know I love the peppermint oil. There is some good oils out there. I use 2 companies via mail order. They pretty much are suppose to have the purest oils. We cant mention brands here but you can do a search online. You can tell the difference from the store bought, but if it works for you then great. I rub it on after getting out of the shower, not right after but several minutes. As I mentioned in my other post can heat some cold pressed olive oil & add some peppermint & massage. Wintergreen oil is really good & I am trying some others. My sister in law deals with the oils alot. There are some other oils that help soothe to. Lavender is pretty good & you can put the two on together. I throw on a hot wrap after putting the oils on to.
Hope your daughter is well, I will check the other board to see if you updated.
god bless, Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 11-11-2008 at 04:12 AM.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Aver00 HB User

how could I forget you three pepper, trowf, and sammy - I sure have missed yall and I live on peppermint altoids - I think they have peppermint oil in them??? huggs Aver

Old 11-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Diet,
Peppermint Oil is a good one for massages and to relieve headache too. Make sure you use it day time since it can make you "very aware" and prevents you from falling asleep. Lavander Oil, Camamile Oil is more soothing before bed time and it surves the purpose as well. And the smell from all of them - ahhhhhhh!

Enjoy dear heart. I love oils very much too.
You know what else I do? I have hand cream in a bottle. I add couple of drops of oil in a bottle, shake well and cream smells heavenly good. Besides it's very healthy for your skin.

Just be careful with 100% of any oil. They can burn the skin in it's pure form. Yes, they can. Usually 100% Pure Oil is much more expensive and sold in a tiny bottle with dropper. You can add one-2 drops to your bath tab and the whole room will smell good. Or like i mentioned earlier to your favorite cream.

Since Olive Oil is very beneficial to human's skin, but smells like food oil, you can add one -two drops of your favorite oil (Lavander oil for the face is great) and use it after the shower to smooth your body's skin.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janiee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB User

Thanks for the info on Peppermint Oil, I've never tried it, but plan to now. Have any of you tried the patches from Japan that you stick on? I know I'm not allowed to write the name of them, but they contain camphor, menthol, and methyl salicate. I have lived on these since I began my journey with chronic back pain. I don't think you can use these if you are allergic to aspirin-because of the salicylate. They can be found in any drug store. I just love these!!--janiee

Closed Thread