It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
(male)

matt3507 HB User
Looking for PM doc in Seattle, anyone?

Hi all:
I have a crappy neck and my PM doc. for 2.5 years is moving. She was the best. Anyone in Seattle area like their PM doc.? Please post. Thx, matt3507

Old 11-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Looking for PM doc in Seattle, anyone?

Hello Matt, glad to see you gave it a shot. Some people come & go here & some read & dont post. You have nothing to loose by asking & I hope someone from your area spots this post & you get some replies. If not then dont give up asking. I am not sure how many doctors you have or are being seen by, but I wonder if you could ask for a couple names & see what comes up. Or if you or anyone you know works in the medical field perhaps they could get a name or two for you. Usually good PMs are known. I ask around. It took some patience but ended up getting some names & the name of my PM came up a few times & that is one of the reasons I chose him. Another PMs name came up also but he did not take my insurance. I ask 2 doctors for acouple recommendations & explained that I wanted to have a choice & definantly wanted a PM with some understanding & compassion. If you have a PT if may be worth asking if they know of anyone. I have heard people here even ask there pharmacists which is a pretty good suggestion. You have nothing to loose at this point by trying.
I went to dinner with an old friend & neighbor & she works in medical she ask who I was being treated by & said she had heard of him also. You never know.
I will do some thinking & let you know if I can think of any other suggestions. I know how hard it is & how important it is to have a good PM & a good fit. I was a nervous wreck waiting to get in & see if I clicked with this PM. I have had so many bad experiances with doctors that I developed a negative attitude (not good) & had to go in with an open mind. I am so happy I did he no only treated my pain but kept looking for the cause,which every other doctor gave up on. I dread any new doctors & am praying nothing happens with my PM he is not real young & one of my first thoughts was I hope he does not retire on me.
I hate to hear you suffering so much are you going to get another opinion on treatment or surgery? I dread surgery but if it gives me some relief, even 50% then its better then nothing. God bless Matt & please let me know how it goes. Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

I go to the pain management dept at Swedish and see Dr. Gorden Irving. He is the head of the dept and knows his stuff. If you're into eastern medicine see Dr. Taylor. He is also awesome. I used to go once or twice a week and then once a month and now I go once a year and my gp handles my meds and such.
Good luck to you and keep posting and let us know how you are doing.~Mush

Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
(female)

olderthen48 HB User
Smile Re: Looking for PM doc in Seattle, anyone?

Matt3507;
I lost my PM after 4 years in july and been looking for a good one ever since. found one that is REALLY bad and I hope you don't go to that one. Will keep in touch because I am going to a new one here soon. It they are good I will let you know. Stay away from Havsey and I don't know the rules real well here so I hope I don't get in trouble with saying that Dr. name but he is crazy and yells at everyone including your old dr's. You can read what I went through in my post. I get scared when I think other people will have to go through what I did. I hope you the best and I promise I will stay in touch with my search.
And remember, The people here help a lot. If not with advise, with support. I don't feel alone anymore.
J

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3507 View Post
Hi all:
I have a crappy neck and my PM doc. for 2.5 years is moving. She was the best. Anyone in Seattle area like their PM doc.? Please post. Thx, matt3507

Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Thank you Mush! It is so tough to find a good doc. Will keep you posted. Take care! matt3507

Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #6
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Thank you J! The last guy I went to pushed me into a near nervous breakdown I swear. Too rough. Didn't ask me hardly any questions, answered his cell phone 3 times IN MY APPOINMENT, and was 1.25 hours late. Then he laughed off my pain and asked me why I don't do construction anymore. All true. Way too big for his britches. If I wasn't so feeble now... Thanks for the warning. I will keep track of you and if I find a good one I will let you know as well. Also, yes this board is literally a life saver. People come out of the woodwork to help if you ask.
Take care! matt3507

Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #7
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Thx Sammy! Great suggestions, I will keep you posted and will be monitoring to see how you are doing. My posting time will be limited the next 3 weeks with school, but I will find time when I can. Take care, God bless. matt3507

Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

Hi i just went to mine at virgina mason hospital pain clinic omg they are so nice its crazy and helpfull i travel a long way to go there!
i haven't posted on here in a long time but saw your post.. i've been through 6 dr and this place is sooo great !

if not i've only heard good on all of them if you look it up on line they do have more dr. then listed because mine isn't .dr jones he is soo great!
i'm also seeing there pain counsler i thought ok what ever i'll try any thing but he is really compasinate i feel like people here some how pain has touched there lives personally because they are soo nice!and don't people should be in pain!
ladybuggy

Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Thank you for the reply ladybuggy! I will give them a try. matt3507

Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

[
Hi Older than,
I got a referral to see Havsey today for my PM doc. Did anything ever good come from seeing him. You got me kind of scared now. As everyone on here says a good PM doc is so hard to find. I tried looking him up in the yellowpages and no hits. This was the only hit I got. I was told he was in Tacoma. Is that true or is he farther up north? If anyone else has any recommendations for the Tacoma, WA area for PM docs please let me know. Dr James Williams in Tacoma is a great doc but my PIP ran out and he dosent take my personal health insurance so I have to seek elsewhere. Thanks everyone for your time.
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
(female)

galpster HB User

I live in the Seattle area and have had fairly good luck with the pain doctors as I have been with one for much of my pain time, however, he is a physitriatist (sp?) so he has sent me around to other pain docs for second opinons so I have had my share of bad experiences. With that said I have recently switched doctors because Dr. B simply cannot help my complicated case any longer but he is a jewel among jewels. I am now seeing Dr. Rudoplh over at Sweish Pain Clincic - He ROCKS! So does Dr. Gordon Irving in the same place. They both have a wealth of knowledge and they don't only push pills at you but try to get at the root of the problem and find other ways to help you besides just pills. I love them both they really seem to care about your pain and how to help you! They both get my thumbs up - and I do not refer doctors unless they are fantabulous because given what I have gone through in the last seven years I have ran across some bad docs! I have had 8 surgeries, 4 back surgeries (2 of those being fusions surgeries which failed), gallblader removal, emergency hernia repair (3 hernias) - doctor told me there was nothing wrong with my stomach even though I had a huge lump hanging out, he almost cost me my life, appendix removal and eye sugery. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, possible lupus and inflammatory arthritis. So I have been around the DOC - LOL

Closed Thread