It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
(female)

shananava HB User
Next weeks drs appt!

I had epidurals over a month ago. With no relief and a new nerve shooting pain I was finally sent for a MRI. THey found pockets of fluid all over my surgical area. I had this problem in Feb after my L5/S1 fusion. I have a synovial cyst and more degeneration at L4. I have the pain dr on Monday to give me my results. I already have the report. On thursday I go to see my surgeon and show him the films as well as another drs appt for my yearly gastric bypass bloodwork. Please pray for a good result. I am hoping for no more surgery. There were so many and/or's in the MRI that Im not sure what for sure is the exact problem. Im tired of pain. The new nerve pain comes and goes but is like a lightning bolt when it hits and will bring tears to my eyes and has brought me to my knees. I try to stay busy not to think about it but so hard to do.
Shannon

Old 11-16-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Next weeks drs appt!

Shanon, I am so sorry to hear you are suffering, since I have been up since 3:00 am with nerve pain I can understand. There is always room for more prayers & I will add you to my list. I hope surgery can be avoided but if not then we are here for you. Its no fun to have to worry & noone wants to go through surgery. God bless sweetie & let us know how it goes. Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

shananava HB User
Re: Next weeks drs appt!

Thanks Sammy. Went to PM Dr today. He said he would not touch the fluid and wanted surgeon asap to look at films. I already had sent the MRI report to them and have appt for thursday. I heard him on the phone w/ radiology place or surgeons office, not sure which. I heard him mention a big concern with it being spinal fluid at least in the synovial cyst. He also mentioned on the phone about the hardware maybe causing this. I am trying to be hopeful. I seem to be avoided by some people right now due to them being tired of hearing about pain, and right now it hurts with this on the horizon. Such is life. So sad how people forget how I supported them thru some really tough times in life, health wise and other wise. I will pray for them to keep from becoming bitter. Its funny when I bring up the good things they dont say alot, bring up wanting to know what dr said, then act like I am being negative. This would worry them as well. Thanks for your prayers so much!
Shannon

Closed Thread