It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User
Back in emergency again today.

I lost control of my pain again today or actually it started last night. I have been having a lot of trouble with reflux and my GP increased the med for that but a week later it got terrible, so I dropped into a local surgery and the Dr took me off Naproxan SR 1000 I had been on, as he believed that it could be causing some of the problem. He said if I had any trouble he would give me a more modern med called Mobic.
So things spiralled out of control and and I ended up driving to the hospital. Now if my doctor would give me a fast acting pain killer this would not happen. But I have not been able to find a doctor that will. I think I am going to start looking for a better PM doctor again. I know there is a Pain clinic at one of the major hospitals in Brisbane but I don't know if it is the right one for me. I will just keep battling on, as I have no other option.
I am still not completely right but hay what can I do.
Allan

Old 11-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
Re: Back in emergency again today.

I agree that the Naproxen is not helping. My doctor has written at the top of my chart that I am allergic to all nsaids now. I started on large doses of ibuprophen years ago when my tmj was at it's worst and have been given other nsaids for my lung pain. It only takes a few days before my stomach is torn up and hurts like hell. I don't know about it making reflux worse but it definitely is not good long term for the tummy. I hope the Mobic is helpful and I hope that you find a pm doctor who is willing to treat your pain. Take care and keep us posted.~Mush

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Sorry you are not feeling better. I couldn't take the Mobic because it really bothered my stomach. So, please be careful. I think they gave me Celbrex which was fine on the stomach. Feel better.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Allan, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I really don't think some of doctors understand the depth of pain and how excrutiating it is day after day. I think finding a new dr is probably a good idea in your case. Preferably one that can understand.....you will have spikes in your pain from time to time and need an extra boast.

Blessings and I pray that you are feeling better soon.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
(male)

dmarcus48 HB User

[I had a problem with mobic as well, made me nauseous. I've been on celebrex for several years with no side effects. I hope your pain gets better soon.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User

I am chiming in on Celebrex too. I tried Naprosyn and advil but my stomach was torn up by the end of the day.

My GP sai most insurance companies will argue the Celebrex till you show them the Naprosyn upset your stomach too much because Celebrex has no generic right now and can be expensive so fight till you get it!
Blessings,
Michelle

Old 11-22-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Hi Allen I am late posting & hope you are feeling better by now. I think its smart to look for a PM that is willing to work with you. I am not sure how it is over there, if PMs are hard to find but I sure do wish you the best of luck.

We all know how hard to can be to battle pain & fear everyday. Let us know how it goes & take good care. God bless, Sammy

Closed Thread