It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
(female)

shananava HB User
Surgery again for me.

I saw my surgeon again yesterday. He reviewed my MRI. They have to go in and see where the fluid is leaking from in my back and stitch it up, decide what to do with the synovial cyst on my back. I have a CT scan next week. If my fusion has taken well enough they are going to remove my hardware while they are in there.
It was a long ride for me and alot of walking. The nerve stabbing, lightening bolt pain was so bad yesterday. It comes and goes but alot of activity triggers it and it will just bring tears to my eyes and I have to hold on to something when it hits. It leaves soreness in my buttocks for a while afterwards. They dont give me anything extra for this pain, I just hope surgery will make it go away.
I have cried and cried. I dont want to ask for help again even though people offered. They did it last time too. Some were great, others were just here in body and nothing else, another good friend just left me high and dry after the hospital stay.
Prayers please!
Shannon

Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Surgery again for me.

Hi, I am so sorry you are facing surgery again. I will be going for my 5th shortly too.

I have to say something and I do not want to scare you but make sure positively you are 100% solid fused. They took out my hardware 11/28 of last year and added some bmp to the site for extra measure. One year later the two levels above have blown and now my supposedly my fusion has broken apart. I have no fusion and I am miserable. Please, please, get a second opinion before having your hardware removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
(female)

shananava HB User

How long after the original fusion did they take yours out? My fusion was Jan 08. Thanks

Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 AM   #4
(female)

shananava HB User

I do live alone. I got divorced right before my back went from bad to worse. Dont know if would have been any better married or not. Cant dwell on that now I know. My cousin stepped up last year when others bailed on me. She is pregnant now so she will do what she can.
I am sure it will work out. My insurance may pay for someone for all the medical stuff. I dont know how it all works, very complicated to me. The dr last time acted like after 6 weeks I could do everything myself and I could not. We didnt know about this fluid returning. I lay alot and if doesnt cause the headaches then.

Im trying not to stress as much as possible.

My parents are just up the street and would probably be better just visiting and helping if I call. People will bring in food. They get on my nerves alot and hate smoking. I am not going outside in Jan after surgery to smoke. I slept alot last time though. The meds make me nuts anyway.
I had a nice talk with dr and nurse about my pain control after surgery. Was not a nice process last time. They said I would go home the next day so I am glad. I did not have a good experience the last time and was ready to run when they sent me the next day. They had me on an overnight unit and the nurses were crappy. I pray if I can I will be on the right floor. I am paranoid to stay in the hospital alone and think it will work out to have someone with me. Was some drama last time in a private room but I had a little prozac attack on them and it worked out.
Thanks for the info. I know it will be ok.
Shannon

Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Shan, I am so sorry, dealing with pain like that is bad enough but to worry about having the help you need is so stressful. I know I am worried to.
Like you I hate to ask but with surgery such as this there is no choice.
I feel for you & want you to know we all will be here for you.

I hope you find someone who will give you the help you need, its sad to have to worry so. Even though I have my family they are not used to helping me & through my last surgery I found myself more frustated then anything, but at least I have them. Please take care no matter what. God bless, Sammy

Closed Thread