It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Still Waiting To Hear From Pm Doc...help!

Hi all!
I didnt go on my trip. I have felt so crappy I wasnt about to get on a cruise for weeks and be stuck. Its been over a week or more and there hasnt been any word from the PM doc's office that my doc's office sent my referral to.

How long was it before most of you heard anything? Did they call you? did they call your referring doc? i have a few weeks of meds left and then Im screwed. Im really depressed as well.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I hope all of you are doing well~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 11-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

shananava HB User
Re: Still Waiting To Hear From Pm Doc...help!

My pcp referred me and they called me back after PM gave them an appointment time. I pray they will get you in soon. I think I remember calling to check into my status in the procedure in the mean time before they had gotten back w/ my PCP. Maybe that would help. Do you have a pcp that will tide you over until an appointment should their be lapse. So sorry you missed your trip, hopefully you can go again with better pain management and have a great time.
Hugs,
Shannon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Izzy that is a shame, you could have used the trip after everything you have been through. Is there any way you could call your doctor & explain or even the PM your referred to? I have heard it can take awhile to get in but you should have at least had a call about a date or paper work sent out to you. Every single new doctor I have been to has sent some kind of paper work in the mail to be filled out in advance.

I would try to find out, especially with the worry of meds, although you have enough you would feel more secure knowing when you will be getting in to this PM.

Would not hurt to follow up to make sure all is where it needs. I believe it took approx. 3 wks to get into my PM.

I am not sure if your insurance needs to pre-approve this, if so that could be holding things up to.

Good luck & once again I am so sorry you missed out on your trip. God bless Sammy

Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User

Hi Izzy,

I had a few pain docs to chose from that my PCP provided. Once I chose I made the appointment, let my PCP know who and they faxed my referral over to the Pain Doc.
I checked with my insurance to make sure mine was on the list then did an internet search for information about him.
So far so good!

Blessings,
Momz

Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Izzy. I am so sorry you are having a difficult time. I can really relate to bad times right now. (((Hug))).

I would follow thru myself. Unfortunately, drs and medical staff do not always do what they say they are going to do and we need to walk stuff thru to ensure that what is supposed to happen actually happens timely. If you don't, you are the one who suffers not the medical staff in the end.

Please keep us posted. We care.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Hey Izzy-
It really stinks to be hanging in limbo, isn't it? Expecially when your body has adapted to medications. The last thing you need right now is to be forced to worry about going into withdraws. I'm so sorry Izzy.

My hubby was just referred to PM and they didn't call him for two weeks!! When they did call him, the first available appt. was several weeks away (Dec. 9th).

I hope you hear from them soon. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Please let us know as soon as you hear from them.

Take Care..

Last edited by ozzybug; 11-26-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

It's not going to hurt to call and just double check that that they got the referral. So sorry that you didn't get to go on your trip. I hope you can still use those tickets in the coming months and find time to get away.
YOU DESERVE IT!! Take care of yourself. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Curl up with those doggies and rest!~Mush

Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

Reaching out and sending you a hug Izzy! Nobody should have to suffer when the Turkey comes to town!! Try and have the best Thanksgiving you can taking into account your pain. All the best - Memere

Old 11-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Thanx again for all of your support...Mush, I called today, and the girl said"let me double check to see if we even GOT it!"
She said she would call me back 2 hours ago. I doubt I hear anything until Monday. I have enough meds until possibly Wednesday...I pray my doc will help me out. My ortho told me that my GP really should be helping me, but since hes back out he would, but I can tell hes getting tired of it. He said he would call the PM doc personally, and if I dont hear anything by Monday Im going to call him and ask him to do so.
When i talked to my old GP last week about something regarding my son, I told him that I was in a panic that myortho was going to leave me in a lurch, and he said "dont worry, Ill help you out." I dont know if he was just trying to pacify me or what. Id think he would after our history...I was always a good pt and not even under contract for 3 yrs.
Im just going to enjoy the holiday! That will only make my pain worse, and my son is out of school and I just want to enjoy him too.
My doggies cant wait for turkey day , they just lie there and salivate and hover around the stove!
Everyone enjoy the holiday!
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Closed Thread