It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
(female)

03catsmeow HB User
Hello, I'm new

I just wanted to come out of hiding after lurking these boards for some time now and say hello. I too suffer from chronic pain and have for nearly three years now. Everyday is a struggle and my nights are long and painful. At the moment I'm an American living in Australia with my family so the names of our meds are a bit different but I think I can manage. I was in a pretty severe dirt bike accident three years ago which has left my body and spirit in tatters. I have brachial neuralgia on my left side as well as myofascial pain syndrome also on my left shoulder and neck area. Sometimes it hurts just to breathe, let alone move. The doctor's say I have nerve damage in the very small nerves in my chest area and there is no way they can operate there. So, because of that, I experience sharp burning pains shooting into my shoulder and down my arm and into my elbow. Sometimes they go as far down as my hand. I get numbness and tingling as well and my muscles in my arm are weakening from lack of use.

Now as far as the myofascial pain, my scapula kills me when I put pressure on it as well as my collarbone. I get TPI's about every six months and they seem to work some but pain meds seem to be the only things that take the edge off. I'm a very active person even though I'm hurt because of the fact I can't let myself rest. See, I have OCD along with my injuries and I feel guilty if I sit too long so I push through the pain. I've been known to cry as I have been mopping the floor.

Don't worry I'm seeing a therapist for that too. At the moment I am taking hydrocodone for my pain. I will post another post later with details with my trails and tribulations about my doctors and meds, but for now I just wanted to say hello and tell all of you that it is nice to have a place to go where others can relate to what you're going through. It's nice to meet you all and I hope to have many future chats with all of you. I pray you all have a pain free day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
(female)

shananava HB User
Re: Hello, I'm new

Welcome! I come here evry few days to catch up. Hope your holiday wasn't too painful.
Shannon

Old 11-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User

Welcome.

I have not been posting much lately, but I have been here reading alot. I have been suffering from chronic pain in my foot/ankle/leg following a fall on the ice 8 years ago. I will likely be posting more, since I will be having another surgery Monday. With at least 3 weeks off work, I will have plenty of time on my hands.

This is a great place to come for support and knowledge. I hope you find peace of mind and some comfort.

Keep posting!

Step

Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
(female)

03catsmeow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shananava View Post
Welcome! I come here evry few days to catch up. Hope your holiday wasn't too painful.
Shannon
Hi Shannon
It's funny that you would ask that right now my family and I are living in Australia for employment reasons and of course they don't celebrate Thanksgiving. We have been here eleven years and every one of them has been strange, but we still keep the tradition. You also have to remember that it is summer here now to, so it is very warm so I have yet to get use to that, and I'll probably never will. However, the heat is some much better for my aches and pains than the cold ever is, which is nice. The holiday was nice with just a bit of discomfort thank you. My husband did much of the work. I was just recently diagnosed with anemia on top of all of my pain, and just had an iron infusion so he has been taking care of me. I hope you had a great holiday too, and that we can chat more in the future. Thanks for the reply. Take care and feel well Beth

Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
(female)

03catsmeow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepbystep89 View Post
Welcome.

I have not been posting much lately, but I have been here reading alot. I have been suffering from chronic pain in my foot/ankle/leg following a fall on the ice 8 years ago. I will likely be posting more, since I will be having another surgery Monday. With at least 3 weeks off work, I will have plenty of time on my hands.

This is a great place to come for support and knowledge. I hope you find peace of mind and some comfort.

Keep posting!

Step
Oh my, so sorry about your leg, it must be very painful. I truly appreciate the reply. It's nice to know there is support out there. Chronic pain is not only physically painful but also emotionally and mentally painful and having people around you who understand what you're going through helps. Believe me sometimes I have wanted to throw my hands in the air and say "I give up" but I go on day in and day out wondering when and if I will have my life back again. I try to keep a sunny disposition but it is so difficult especially since my injury isn't a broken arm or leg and people can't see I'm hurt so they can't understand why I'm in pain. I'm the kind of person that hides my pain from others and also pushes through a great deal of my pain just to not let my family and friends down, but then I pay the price later. I'm basically an idiot, as my husband would call me. I hope to hear from you soon and we can get to know one another better, again thanks for the reply. Have a good pain free day.

Closed Thread