It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User
Back from my trip away.

I finally got home today and I think it will be a while before I do that again. I flew down to Sydney about 1 1/2 hrs and that was fine until I got really sick. I think I got food poisoning from the breakfast I was served on the flight. The thing is that I was already sensitive after the change in anti-inflammatory meds. I was very sick the first night and then again a couple of nights later. That messed with my back pain and the whole trip was very hard to cope with. I spray painted the toilet at the motel in the middle of the night and spent about an hour cleaning it all up. It might sound funny now but was horrific at the time.
My stomach is still not that good so I will have to go of to the doctors again. I am not having the reflux now just a pain in the stomach like the food poisoning has not really let up yet.
Then I checked the mail and the department of housing has rejected my application for housing. I have been waiting about 5 years and now they have changed the rules. It doesn't count how long you have been waiting they have come up with some other method. So I have to fight for that now. I didn't really need it right now. So I will try and get a good night sleep in my own bed and start a new tomorrow.
Thanks for being here for me or I just wouldn't know who to talk too. Thanks, Allan.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Back from my trip away.

Allen I am so sorry. Being sick on top of CP is no picnic.

Thats a shame about the housing, they dont inform you if your on list that the rules have changed? Thats not right. Do you have to start on the waiting list all over again?

Perhaps you can put a call in to someone & let them know you have been on the list & changes were made for qualifying with out your knowledge. Not sure how it works there but hang in there & I hope you have some better days ahead. God bless, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Unhappy Re: Back from my trip away.

Thanks, yes it was not much fun. And the housing mob have prioritised the list to people with children first I think, like single mothers and people more disabled than I am. But I am going to keep chasing them up and see if they will except a letter from my doctor again if I can get him to spend the time filling ut the form properly. I'll keep it up and maybe one day I will get somewhere. Allan

Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

edited

I got food poisoning on the flight down. I know I should have seen a doctor while I was down there but I just wanted to get home then sort it out.
The trouble is it is complicated. I had just changed on to Mobic and that seems to have made it worse and this doctor wants me to go off all anti-inflammatory's for 10 days until my stomach comes good then go on to Celebrex. That might be fine but last time I did that I ended up at emergency in a lot of back pain while off anti- inflam's. So I suppose I know what to expect this time as well.

I am in so much turmoil at present.

edited

I hope things get better soon. If not I am going to start pushing my Doctors and get referred to a surgeon again or try to find some serious help. I just can't go on like this any longer.
Allan

Last edited by Administrator; 12-09-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Please post other subjects on the appropriate boards and stay on the board health topic. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

Sorry, I didn't post earlier...lotsof issues as my house too.
It seems that many of us are having a rough go of it right now.
Were you searching for a new pm doc there. Maybe one that you could see once a year and who could oversee your care?
Just an idea. Sorry that the trip wasn't fun.

That just sucks about housing! I hope the letter from your doctor helps. I know you're not completely comfortable where you are now.

Take care of yourself and good luck.~Mush

Closed Thread