It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Hi All!!

I made it home and boy does it feel good to be home once again and under the close watch of my Mom! The first 24 hours were a little rough.
As a pain patient it does not matter how hard you try to work out the meds ahead of time things still goes wrong. They forgot to give me my long acting meds so I was in soooo much pain and my pain was waaaaaaaay ahead of the short acting meds. It was terrible playing catch up. It took me a good 24 hours to catch up and get back on track. Pain wise things are going much better now.

My surgery was over 8 hours long. I am fused from L3 to s1 and have 2 cages. He removed large amounts of bone to free the nerve and feels that he may have finally gotten things fixed. I am able to stand up straight and am not dragging my foot. YEAH!! Nerve pain does seem to be less so I am being cautiously optimistic. I don't want to jinks myself.

I probably left a tad to early from the hospital but I could not handle my obnoxious roommate.

Thank you for all your support, love and prayers.

Pepper

Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
Re: Hi All!!

Yipee!!! Pepper's back!!!

Good to hear from you. Hope this 'little' operation does wonders
for you. We'll be expecting daily reports with good news in them.
ok?

Take care and don't do too much, too soon.~Mush

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

So good to hear from you Pepper & with good news to. Now we just pray that all goes well. You know by now to take it easy. Hopefully theres more shoe shopping in your future,lol. You have come along way & I cant wait to see how you do. god bless & welcome home. Sammy

Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Pepper,

Just wanted to say I'm glad you're home and on the mend. I'm so sorry that they messed up on your LA meds. You'd think the anesthesia department would be right on top of that when they know the patient has chronic pain and is opiate tolerant. But, at least that's all water under the bridge now.

Take care of yourself. I'll be popping in when I am up to it, to check on how you are. Many hugs and God Bless, CMP

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User

Hi Pepper! I am so glad you are home! I recivered 10X faster at home than in that noisy hospital and the uncomfortable beds.
I had a problem at first with under-dosing at the hospital too. It took me crying uncontollably for a nurse to check my chart and see they had missed the Lortab and left me only on a morpine drip. AGHHHH!
I am praying for your recovery and God's miracles in that your legs and back are healed once and for all and you can go back to just being a wonderful mother and wife!!

Blessings,
Michelle

Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Hi Pepper,

I'm glad your surgery is over and you are home and doing well. I'll be praying that you have a quick and successful recovery.

Tigg.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

Glad you are home and yea hospitals are the worse place to try and get rest.....
Feel better soon crossing fingers for you

Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Diet,

so happy to hear that you are at home... Many prayers were going your way, girl! Now you have your mom and dad next to you, you have nothing to worry about, lucky you.
Best wishes on your recovery!
Love and blessings

Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User

Pepper, I am so happy for you. I sincerely hope that the new surgery has finally "worked" for you. I do understand about roomates in hospitals!! Yikes. I have been lurking for a while...but checking up on you and so happy that finally something seems to be working. Best to you and your family for the New Year!!!!

Leslie (Sage)

Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Pepper...

Glad to hear that this one was good. Isn't it nice to stand up straight? I hope that this one stays good and solid. I'll even load you Ella should you have need of her....

huggs........

Closed Thread