It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

Sorespine HB User
Update update update update update!

I have received a questionnaire for the STEPS program the pain doc wanted me to join, and I've filled it out and am quite excited about the holistic sort of help this offers and what may become of it.

Along with sending the questionnaire (about my mental health, my pain scores and such), I added a note requesting the pain doc to contact me regarding my pain, and I added the pain diary for Friday through to today, and I also made sure to leave a message with the receptionist over the phone. I said I am still experiencing quite severe pain and could she please call me as I need to speak to her about the treatment plan, especially that I have realised I am clearly far more active than the activity level she had guessed I was at.

So hopefully she'll call soon. I also received that lovely one off payment from the government (for you guys in America, it's our Kevin Rudd's new economic stimulus package and i'm not sure how it works since he's spending $42b on it; but it's supposed to get us out of the spiral we're in? i am just happy that I can pay the bills and go to hydrotherapy for another month, and buy myself a new mattress!)

I'm looking at a new mattress this afternoon (in about 2 hours). Oh and I did the easter shopping! But unfortunately I've either been up walking or sitting all day so far, so I am very sore.

Should I go by what feels comfortable when I lay on it? Or should it be firm or semi firm or what? Anyone know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: Update update update update update!

Sorespine,
You are doing a very good job with contacting the doctor and explaining that you are still in very severe pain. I think that you might need to cut down how active you are at the moment. I know just how difficult this is to do but many of us on this board, including me, have HAD to cut things out that we used to be able to do. It is really sad and can get you down but we are here for support.

Now for the mattress I would say that you need to find something that is comfortable to lay on. Try to find a mattress that they will allow you to sleep on it for a certain period of time(say a week) and you would be able to return it or exchange for a different one if it is not the right mattress for you. If you really want a good mattress try the Sleep Number bed or one of those Foam mattresses(I forget what they are called). These are quite expensive but I have heard many good results from them.

brian

Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
(female)

Sorespine HB User
Re: Update update update update update!

thanks brian!
you know you're right, i do need to be less active. that is why i am glad that the government has just suddenly now decided to check my 06/07 tax return and they have paid me $1445 because I over-estimated my income that year! whoops and yay! so i have bought a mattress medium firm, which has a pillowtop with memory foam, and is light weight enough for me to finally use a fitted sheet! (can't lift the corners on our current old lumpy mattress). it's comfortable as, and it used to be $1099 just for the mattress and was $799 today. i sleep on it tomorrow night!
i am also going to go to physio appointments and have our old cleaner come back, at least for a month or so while we can afford it!
i'm also considering buying an inversion table and giving my mum some cash for being great and for taking care of my cat (no pets allowed here).

Closed Thread