It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone,
Wow...been a while.
I am still recovering from my last and second neck surgery in Sept of 2008.
The doctors in the begining of this year had released me to go to the gym and low and behold if my old trick knee did not swell up on me and the big fat
"s" word us CP'ers dilike hearing came along ~ surgery ~
So I just had right knee surgery on March 25th of 2009!
The ortho put me on crutches and I was on the understanding that it would only be a few weeks...well that was changed when I awoke from anesthesia!
Six weeks of crutches.
Since I had no upper body strength due to my neck injury and 2 surgeries and the 4 arm surgeries before that I was not able to handle the crutches.
Basically I had a nice neighbor who was kind enought to come and take me to doctor appt's and cook sometimes.
I have stairs in my home so I was stuck up stairs for a long long time.

I started PT fro the knee and resumed the PT for my neck and upper back myofacial pain. Ouchy ouchy ouchy!!!

So now I am finally gaining back some strength in my knee and in my back and neck.

It has been one heck of a ride! Or whatever you want to call it..
I was preety lonely and having a really tough time but thankfuly I had some good people around to help me through!

i am still in PM and my PM and I are trying to decrease at this time. So far no problems with that.

I hope I may have an injection ( trigger point) next visit in the myofacial area's
So for now I just continue to go to therapy 3 times a week...yes that is a lot but very necessary at this time.
I am lucky that the pool at my home is nice and when the thunderstorms for this week pass I will be able to do a cool down pool the therapy pool is a bit warm and then sometimes I do a jacuzzi after the therapy...

That is all that has gone on with me....recovery from all these injuries has been ongoing long and difficult.

But I am still here....still chugging along...feels like a snails pace but I guess that is what it should be!!
Thanks everyone....
Sky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skych View Post

Hello everyone, Wow...been a while. I am still recovering from my last and second neck surgery in Sept of 2008.
Glad to see you posting sky! We've missed you!

Regards,

Ex

Old 06-03-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Hi!

I'm glad to know you are OK, I was concerned about you. Stairs and crutches don't mix at all. I hope the storms pass and you can get in the pool soon, swimming is great exercise.

Tigg.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jema X HB User

Hey skych,

Just wanted to say hey and welcome back! It's always good to see you here i hope you're having a good day.

Juliet

Old 06-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Hello skych:
I really am glad to see you back. I appreciated your other post and will fill you in later on the details of what's happening in my life right now. I hope you continue to improve day by day.

brian

Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Thanks everyone!
I am glad to be back!
It has been one heck of ordeal. I went to therapy today and had my myofacial release! It had long since been over due becasue of some other appointments I had going on, so I was happy to have the therapist work on those yucky spots!
Man do those hurt, but they need to be worked on. Seems like every time I miss that particular type of therapy it gets worse.
Over all...the therapist has told me the myofacial spots are getting smaller. The bummer is they still cause me a great deal of pain.

I am considering calling my PM to see if I might be able to come in and have some trigger points next week.

I should go ahead and do that now since I have about a 1/2 hour before they leave the office today!!

Thanks for the welcome and I will try to check in and make a post ever now and then!

All my best...
Sky

Closed Thread