It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
any ladies with rib area pain...

Ladies,

I have not been able to wear a bra for over a year, but now I think I've found something that works. I hope the moderators will allow me to use the brand name as it's the only thing like it I've been able to find.

To the moderators: If this is not allowed could you please remove the name and leave the description, and maybe anyone who is interested could PM me?

What I found is a very very light weight sports bra. The lower band isn't really elastic its just a more tightly woven part of the very soft strechy fabric. At least for days where I am having a good day, or even moderate, I am able to wear it when at work or running errands on weekends.

I'm putting this part seperate so the description is there even if this part isn't allowed. The brand is Jockey and it's called a Comfie's crop top.

There may be other brands out there I haven't seen that are similar. I was at the point of making something. It's way too hot in this area of the country to wear a cami or tank top and then another top over it in the summer! Of course in the winter, the cami or tank top is a good thing.

I'm going to try wearing it to walk on the treadmill soon. I think that I've now got enough support for that, finally!

Hopefully this can help someone else.

Tigg.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: any ladies with rib area pain...

Thanks Tigg - I have tried several of the varities of this brand and love them too. They make a tank version that is comfie to sleep in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jema X HB User

Hey Tigg,

That's brilliant, thank you. I'm going to go and look for them. Bra's are terrible with my pain. It's not the getting them on that hurts it's them lying against my chest - it drives me mad. I do have a number of crop top singlets with a support insert (hope you know what I mean ) but I have trouble pulling them back over my head when I'm taking them off - my parter helps when he's about though. I'll check these out because I'm always looking for tops that might be better. Thanks very much.

Juliet.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thats great Tig. I wrote the name down. I have for the first time in a couple yrs. managed to get a bra on. I use a bra extender. I have found I cant wear just any bra though.
How funny you did the exact same as I, doubled up the tanks & wore the camis underneath most of my tops depending on the weather. I have just about every color cami there is. I was so excited to get a bra on my husband got a good laugh. On days like today I could not put one on. My ribs are to sore. Much like Jena I just could not have it sit against my rib cage at all.
I went out & bought myself a couple of form fitting Tshirts. It was so nice not to have to wear double the tops or baggy tops. Last summer I bought some padded tanks but am so picky did not want something that made me look like I was stufffing up there, Although I could use it,lol.

Have you ever found out Tig what was causing your rib pain?
They started a new therapy on me last week which back fired big time.
The therapist said that area is really messed up, like I did not know that. The myofascial & a form of therapy called Frequency specific micorcurrent seems to bring me some relief. I ended up dropping the traditional therapy & trying craniosacral therapy. I will let you know how successful it is. Very different.
When it comes to the ribs that area is so easily aggravated its hard to perform simple tasks at times. I know the ribs flaring up causing my breathing problems & it really gets tiresome.

I have a feeling that is one part of the body thats hard to rehab or improve on to much. Anyway I do wonder how your doing often & thank you for sharing & thanks to the mods for allowing you to do so. god bless, Sammy

Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Hi Sammy.

My Doc and the Massage Therapist both think it's myofascial. The MT found a muscle called the subscapularis (sp?) which appears to be frozen and the lack of movement of that muscle appears to have caused the muscles in front to adhere to the bone. It's probably a result of the bad PT I had right after the rotator cuff surgery and not getting things working correctly soon enough. It didn't help that the PM doc I saw for a year and a half blamed every thing on the cervical where I do have some other problems, and never even looked at the shoulder or rib problems. The PM doc got an MRI and did intercostal nerve blocks, but never even did a physical exam. The MT thinks that we may be able to get things working right again, but it's going to take time, and the treatment is pretty painful. It seems to be working though, afterwards I usually feel pretty good for a few days.

Tigg.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Very interesting Tig, as your problems sound so much like mine.
Although I had the fusion done I am still having problems in my shoulder & ribs. I was never able to rehab my shoulder after my shoulder surgery due to the cervical problems & have started another form of therapy.

The first time the therapist did this particulair therapy I was in agony for days,
I am wondering if your getting the same therapy. I will get the name of it. I believe it starts with an R. Where I attend they do alittle of everything, myo, cranial, & frequency specific micorcurrent. The FSM was done the first 3 or 4 visits & I did have some pretty good days after then when they did this new therpy which attempts to get the shoulder & ribs to move it caused me alot of pain. The therapist said at yesturdays session it seemed to be all in the fascia & looks like I may have some big problems there. She is going to attempt to do this therapy but at a slower pace. I must admitt it makes me nervous but if the end results are good I'll try it.
After shoulder surgery the DX was myofascial damage then when the cervical problems were found like in your case they started to blame it all on the C problems but I am almost 6mnths post op & the shoulder & ribs still cause me pain. I had slight relief there after the surgery but not enough to rule out the myofascial issues. As the more active I become the more the pain increases in that area. I'm bummed over all this pain returning.

Does this sound like what your having done, where they try to get the ribs & shoulder to move? My ribs have always throbbed & spasmed if I do to much & my shoulder is a mess. The pain there feels so deep its awful.
As for the FSM & is somewhat of a new technology used in PT. Its suppose to be really successful at reducing inflammation. I was stunned at how much I could do after one particulair visit. Whether it will have lasting results remains to be seen. I go to a crainosacral institue as the traditional PT was triggering of to much pain in my shoulder & ribs.

I do recall someone else saying they went through this therapy & all though it caused pain to flare it ended up helping alot down the road.
I'll grab the card when I go back on thursday & get the name of this therapy.
Talk to you soon. Sammy

Closed Thread