It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User
Recurring sudden sharp pain where the neck meets the shoulders

A few months ago, I started having these sharp pains in the region between my neck and shoulder. It is deep, it feels like it goes beyond the muscle to the bone. If I could describe it, I would say it's like a bolt of pain, sharp, fast and deep.

I don't have insurance to have tests run. Has anybody experienced something similar or does anyone know this as a symptom to be something serious?

FYI, I've been under a tremendous amount of stress. I lost my mom, have family issues, was unemployed and homeless for a while. This could be a factor as the pain started in the midst of it all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: Recurring sudden sharp pain where the neck meets the shoulders

It sounds like a strained or sprained muscle and if it is then it will take quite awhile for it to heal (3-6 weeks) depending on how much the muscle might be torn or stretched. Have you tried taking any OTC ibuprofen to see if it might be inflammation related and if that would help it?

If it gets to be bad, I would go to the ER or maybe your local health department. Of course stress can cause all kinds of various aches and pains especially if you are not communicating or venting your emotions and trying to deal with the passing of your mother in the best way possible. I can not even imagine everything that you have been through. I take it you have found some where to live now?

brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User

I have a place to live and a job. The pain started when I was staying w/ a friend of my mom's. I was with her the first time it happened and I jolted and she knew something was wrong. I explained the pain and she said, to her, it sounded like bone pain. What I really need is a thorough examination from a doctor but unfortunately, I don't have the money or health insurance.

I have taken ibuprofen on numerous occasions although with this pain, it's unpredictable when it's going to happen. It has happened twice in the last week which is more than usual.

Thanks for responding.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

have you actually lost ANY range of your normally there arm mobilitys?(ROMS) do certain ways of lifting cause you ANY pain or are you just unable to actually even do some of them at all? marcia

Closed Thread