It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
(male)

ArmyVet2004 HB User
Is there a good Pain Management Dr. in Atlanta, GA area?

I need to find a new Dr., the one I was going to is not cover by my insurance and now I'm left with the full bill even though they accept BCBS they are not in the network.

I would to explore new meds and treatment, I have been on vicotin for 6 years and honestly they don't work anymore.

Please let me know if you know of a good doctor.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
(female)

velvetrance HB User
Re: Is there a good Pain Management Dr. in Atlanta, GA area?

Dr. Shulim Spektor.
He is mine and one of the most awesome doctors I have ever met. You will need a referral to go and see him though...and not being scared of needles. He doesn't treat you like a drug addict and genuinely trusts you and is wanting to get you out of pain. If you are new to their clinic they will need a referral which if i were you i would go to an outpatient then tell the pain doctor your plans and they sometimes,get empathetic with you. I forgot their name but the doctor there is excellent. After three years i had finally found the doctors I could worki this has been one of the happiest times of my life,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
(male)

birdtruck HB User

If you have a good PM Doctor you should just stay with him and pay the bill. They are not very easy to find. I would gladly pay for a compassionate Dr in Atlanta area

Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #4
(male)

ArmyVet2004 HB User

Hi Birdtruck,

I wish I could pay, the bills are more than 3k so far and rising. I am finding it hard to find a new doc because I was happy with my last one but just cant afford to go. I'm measuring every doctor I go to against my previous one and don't know if it was because was so good or I felt so comfortable with him and he already knew my case so he didn't look at my like I was trying to get pain meds. I get that chronic pain is on the rise but even more so is med abuse, I get their distrust.

I have a new list of doctors that I'll be calling today, hope I find one today.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
(male)

Insider51 HB User

I to am looking for a new PM Doctor. Mine will be out of action for some time..
Wish I could find some in No Georgia.

Insider51

Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #6
(male)

birdtruck HB User

Hey Army,
Would you mind sharing with me your old Doc?
Maybe he can help me.

Thanks for any help and let us know how you made out today.

Birdtruck

Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #7
(male)

ArmyVet2004 HB User

Offcourse here you go, he's in Marietta but has offices in Woodstock and Catersville also:

Dr. David Gale
Pain Solutions Treatment Center
Marietta, GA 30060

I also went to another place in Marietta, the Dr. Logan uses alternative medicine. They have all sorts of deep tissue stuff and uses a shot that is a natural pain releaver but I also ran into the same issue insurance (I really don't like BCBS) I can find her name but from the two I recommend Dr Gale unless you want to try something different then I would say give Dr Logan a try.

Last edited by ArmyVet2004; 10-08-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: please do not post contact information for doctors - post the name, city and state only as per the posting policy

Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #8
(female)

mom2threekids HB User

Hi ArmyVet. I go to Comprehensive Pain Management in Douglasville. They have offices in Roswell, Austell and Dallas. I don't know if I am allowed to share my doctor's name but you should be able to look up the number without a Dr's name.

You do have to have a referral and an actual documented medical reason for being seen. So if you have unexplained pain they will not treat you there. Good luck.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:10 AM   #9
(male)

ArmyVet2004 HB User

Thank you mom2, I found their information.

Closed Thread