It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

Nicole74 HB UserNicole74 HB User
Very happy!

I have to say that I'm very happy with the new pain management clinic. They actually work with you and not above you. I'm delighted to say I finally have a medication change and hope that I will find relief soon. I've been in such severe pain this last year and a half and it's driving me absolutely crazy.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
(female)

tinabean34 HB User
Re: Very happy!

Okay I hope you can help me maybe give me encouragement to move on to another clinic, I keep telling my doctors I am not covered with my pain that I am sometimes comfortabe but not functional. Plus lately whatever is causing the pain has progressed and it has ramped up to a new level of pain. Every time they change my medication they are not really chaning my dosage, they keep me in this same little box as far as the strength of the medication goes. Do you mind sharing with me what makes this clinic special, what you have and what they have given that you are happy with. I only want to compare to make sure that I am not crazy and i am being covered properly I don't feel that I am. I haven't felt that I have every been. I feel like I am trying to pry open a steel door with a pencil to get them to allow me to have what I feel will lead me to a functioning life.
I am happy for you by the way I know how hard this is and frustrating and when you find that support and what you are looking for it is a gift.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2009, 04:10 AM   #3
(female)

Nicole74 HB UserNicole74 HB User

Tina, this pain clinic is listening to what I have to say about my pain levels, daily activities and how this is effecting my life in general. They want to make sure I'm more comfortable and live life to the fullest. The pain clinic actually works with me on a pain treatment plan. I can refuse a treatment like the SCS and they will agree that is alright and never pushes anything I don't want to do. I can ask for a specific treatment and they will go ahead and try it. They make medication adjustments to my needs, so I don't have to live in sheer pain.

My previous pain clinic was awful, not to mention dropping me for a second opinion. The PMP was one sided and did things what he thought he should do. I never could voice my opinion. When I told him my pain was a 9/10 for weeks, he says go to the ER and never made any adjustments to my meds. I had a disc pressing on my spinal cord for months and I was on a very small amount of pain medicine. The PMP would raise his voice to me if the injections didn't go well. My husband was begging me to find someone else for months. Finally I did when I had to. I have no idea why I stayed there, I was the one who was paying him for his services.

It's been a year and a half since the onset of my injury and I'm finally being treated like I should be. I'm very greatful and I thank God everyday for the care I'm recieving at this new pain center.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

That's great Nicole! I'm very glad to hear that you have finally found a good Doc. There are some great ones out there....Sometimes it just takes a little time and persistence.

Docs who tell patients to go to the ER, shouldn't be PM Docs. ERs are for emergencies, and times the Doc isn't available. ERs are not supposed to be doing the the PM Doc's job for him. That's just a cop out.

I hope you can find a better Doc Tina. A good PM Doc accounts for tolerance. One of my big pet peeves is when Doc's think there is this ceiling they can't go above. What most people don't realize is that there is no real ceiling. For example, some patients who have been on meds for a long time, can take extremely high doses...Enough to kill a horse.....But, required to them based on years and years of tolerance.

Docs should be treating the symptoms, not the amt of med. Whatever amt it takes to permit them to function, be almost pain free, and live a quality life.

Best of luck to you both.

Regards,

Ex

Closed Thread