It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Almost no pain!!!

Hello people, buddies. I can't believe it. I've been suffering so badly from chronic pain in the neck and since taking Oxycontin 10mg I'm so much better!.
(also percocet 5/325 when needed I can choose plus neurontin and sleeping pills with the hope I will eventually be able to sleep without sleeping pills).

I'm so much better so I want to CRY. I went back to my primary care doctor and started crying. I told him I'm crying cause it's the first time in 4 years that I dont' suffer. I called it torture. I actually told him what I'm going through is not called suffering it's actually TORTURING. 4 years of torturing. you know what I mean?. It's like being locked in a jail.

I couldn't live like that anymore. Neck pain is horrible you know. Only you who have been through this thing called NECK pain know what it means to live like that.

We tried everything, all type of meds, and nothing worked. I also have TMJ which adds to the torture. but neck pain is the worst.

It got to a point I started to lose my MEMORY!. I forgot things. I was only concentrated on the pain. I got upset on people with no reason. In fact, everything upsetted me like noise etc.

I just can't believe I'm better. I'm sad I need to take narcotic pain meds to get out of this TORTURE. but I prefer to take it and be able to live again.

It got to a point I started to ask god, why did you do this to me, why?. what have I done to deserve chronic pain in the neck. I couldn't even rest my neck on the pillow for 4 years cause of pain. It got so worst that I felt something is "drilling" inside my neck. I wonder is there anybody here who also feel pain like drilling? any idea what's that??

I've tried 2 PM doctors. They were not good. the last one looked at me and asked me why I'm crying???I told him cause I suffer from pain, he didn't show any EMOTIONS. He told me the reason for the pain in the neck is emotional and I should take anti depressant called SSRI. I told the PM the pain is not emotional and he said no, you need SSRI, so I went back to my primary care doctor who knows me for 3 years already and he never even "offered" SSRI.

So I told my primary care doctor that now he's my PM doctor that's it.

I know you guys have lot's of problems with PM. There are all type of pain doctors, some of them I wonder why they chose to be pain doctors. the last two had no EMOTIONS. none of them even told me that they feel for me or they are sory I suffer. nothing. There were no tears in their eyes when I started telling them how much I suffer. I told them I feel 15 on a scale 1-10(pain level).

But I wonder, is there anybody here who knows why my ex PM offered me SSRI?. I know he doesn't like narcotic pain meds. he said blah blah blah when I asked him about Oxycontin. and second question, is there anybody here who knows what's the drilling "feeling" in the neck is. It feels like drilling and drilling in the left side of my neck plus a "new/old" thing called head pain, it's pain in the back of my head. The "drilling" pain is the WORST. the only thing that takes is away is percocet or oxycontin. no other pain meds helps.

I will appreciate your help here.

This forum has been a life saver for me, honestly and I'm so glad I'm getting better and I'm ME again. The person I've been before the accident/injury.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOU ALL AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!.

Last edited by nochange; 11-26-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Almost no pain!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
I've tried 2 PM doctors. They were not good. the last one looked at me and asked me why I'm crying???I told him cause I suffer from pain, he didn't show any EMOTIONS. He told me the reason for the pain in the neck is emotional and I should take anti depressant called SSRI. I told the PM the pain is not emotional and he said no, you need SSRI, so I went back to my primary care doctor who knows me for 3 years already and he never even "offered" SSRI.
You've got a great story. Thanks for sharing! People need to hear your story and realize that they just can't give up....They've got to keep trying to find a Doc who is compassionate and isn't afraid to Rx.

Just look at your Doc....OC worked miracles for you. Many Docs won't touch it. So, had you gone to one of them, you'd still be in pain. Everyone is different and every Doc is different. Different meds work for different people and CPers need to keep pushing until they get answers.

Quote:
But I wonder, is there anybody here who knows why my ex PM offered me SSRI?. I know he doesn't like narcotic pain meds. he said blah blah blah when I asked him about Oxycontin. and second question, is there anybody here who knows what's the drilling "feeling" in the neck is. It feels like drilling and drilling in the left side of my neck plus a "new/old" thing called head pain, it's pain in the back of my head. The "drilling" pain is the WORST. the only thing that takes is away is percocet or oxycontin. no other pain meds helps.
Chances are he thought you were emotionally unstable or something. It's amazing to me how quickly Docs will throw around SSRIs...They alter one's brain chemistry and aren't to be taken lightly. IMHO, they are as serious, if not more so, than pain meds.

IMHO, if this PM doesn't believe in narcotics, then he doesn't need to be a PM Doc. Docs like him give PM Docs a bad name, unfortunately. Who knows what his rationale was behind the SSRI....He probably didn't know what else to do, so he threw that out there.

I feel your pain....Literally. I suffer from head and face pain, so I know exactly what you mean when you describe your pain. Thank God that your Doc has compassion for you.

Quote:
I will appreciate your help here.

This forum has been a life saver for me, honestly and I'm so glad I'm getting better and I'm ME again. The person I've been before the accident/injury.
Yes, this site has helped many people...It's a great site. Hopefully, you'll help others learn from what you've experienced. That's what makes this site so great.

Take care and I'm glad all has worked out for you.

Regards,

Ex

Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

What a good story nochange. I can totally relate, but in a backwards sort of way. My PM wants me to be on the pain pills, but my PCP wants me off of them because he thinks the oxycodone is causing the pain. So to humor him, I'm tapering off to prove that the oxycodone isn't causing the pain. Maybe someday doctors will realize that some people really are in pain and do need the narcotics to relieve it and lead a fully productive life. They need to take in account the quality of their patient's lives. I'm glad to hear that your pain is gone and you feel the relief. I'm always happy to hear about people that are not in pain anymore.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

Hi nochange and WELCOME
I too suffer from terrible neck and back pain and I have displacement with both disks in my jaw as well. I can SO relate to how you were suffering. I have a great doctor that has me on ER meds and something for breakthrough pain. I seriously do NOT know what I would do without the relief.

I remember years ago, a neurologist allowing me ONE darvocet a day because he said my neck pain only FELT like a herniated disk, and that he was sure it was fibromyalgia. I cried and cried and cried. Anyway, short version, the situation got so bad that I woke one morning and I could not MOVE my neck. Everything locked up. My GP at the time (this was years ago) had me admitted after I had 2 trips to the ER, and after a cat scan they found a huge herniated disk. I got help, with meds, beginning at that moment. And I wrote that neurologist ONE long letter and I did not hold back~

It is just a shame how we get treated at times. It still makes me angry to see anyone suffer.

I am SO glad you have relief.

Madison104

Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
(female)

Nicole74 HB UserNicole74 HB User

I'm so glad your able to get relief! I too, have severe neck pain and I still haven't found really good relief. I just started with the 20mgs of oxycontin twice a day and I need to change to a higher dose yet. I'm allow 50mgs of percocet the 5/325's on top of the oxycontin. I can really tell that the oxycontin is working and when it wears off. It doesn't last the full 12 hours for me. I just started a new PM as the old one refused to treat me for the pain and kept doing injection after injection with no improvements.

I hope the oxycontin continues to work for you for a long time to come! It's nice to hear when someone has some relief after suffering for so long.

Closed Thread