It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
(female)

pearlmv HB User
Increased pain from rhizotomy 8 weeks ago, cervical

I had a rhizotomy at c2-3-4 levels, with very severe pain for 8 weeks and counting, I feel some relief in parts of my neck, but increased pain above and below the area he worked on, I have had this done before and it took about 6 weeks for the increased pain to go away, but that is not working this time. I am fused from c3-7. We did a diagnostic procedure about 6 months ago which gave me 30 minutes of pain relief at this area(they used a form of lidocaine in the area) I am at my wits end, not knowing what else to do. I have a supposed non-union at c4-5 about 1 year after my second neck surgery. At that time it was fused. Can this be a bad side effect of this procedure? The right side of my neck and shoulder are tender to touch, when I lay down and put pressure on my neck, I get severe pain in my neck, above the rhizotomy area and get the referred pain on the top of my head on the right side, and have to get up from bed to get it to settle down.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

allanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB Userallanbruce HB User
Re: Increased pain from rhizotomy 8 weeks ago, cervical

I'm sorry to here about your pain and the amount of time it takes to get relief. I also have chronic pain and it makes life so hard. I am laying down now because of the injections I had. they take roughly a week to settle down so I am hoping it helps me this time also. Good luck and I hope to see you here again as we all help each other when we can. Allan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread