It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sage48 HB UserSage48 HB User
It's 10 weeks this Thursday....

Hi all, it will be 10 weeks this Thurs. since my SI joint revision surgery. I think I am doing ok...BUT I am still taking meds...hydrocodone...10/325 3 times a day....it doesn't take it all away, but it helps.. I wonder when the "ache" will stop...(that's a nice word for pain).... It is better than prior to surgery...thank goodness...and the area around the surgery is reducing in size and the amount of pain..so that is all good...BUT, I want it to stop and just go away, I am really really getting tired of this...it is like ground hog day...goes on and on, every day seems to be the same. I go to the Dr. around the middle of March....will have a CT scan that day...hopefully I will have fused...PLEASE..
I am still not walking...using my little elec. buggy and the walker. (I use the walker a little, but it is difficult...and I get soooo tired) I drove the buggy into the corner of the wall in the kitchen yesterday....NOT a good thing...mashed the plaster really bad...hubby fixed and repainted, but I feel like a duh...how come I can drive a Tahoe for 600 miles at a shot and not drive that darned buggy.. Tired today... I guess I came to say hi to my friends and do a little venting...I know, it is ok here...but, I want this over, I want my "life" back..ok, not the old one...that one left 8 years ago...but a similar one would be nice... I think my fibro is kicking up on top of everything else...the weather is responsible for that one. I know I can deal with all of this...it is just one of those days!! ha. Hope you are all doing ok...take care..thanks for "listening".

Sage

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Frosty6 HB User
Re: It's 10 weeks this Thursday....

Hi Leslie,

So good to see you here. I am happy to hear you are doing better than before. It is still early but I bet it has been a long 3 weeks. I hope you just get better and better. This weather is really the pits. I do worse with the humidity and storms than the winter ones as far as my leg goes but this winter has just been brutal all the way around. This is FL for heaven's sake! I've lived here most of my life and do not recall a winter as cold for as long as we have had it this year. And our weather people to NOT get our lows correct at my house anyway. My car says all I need for it to when I look out and she the thick sheet of ice most mornings.

I'm sorry you had a wall bender. (a little humor here.) At least your hubby fixed quickly so you don't have to feel the guilt or wince from remembering the jolt I'm sure it gave you, every time you go back in there. You will be joking about that in no time!

I go for round one of my SI injections tomorrow and to discuss those meds. Ex gave me a lot of food for thought and got me digging further on the internet. Sure hope he listens. I think he will though. I have to meet with the PT first for evaluation. Sure not looking forward to more of that but hey, if it helps this time then that will be ok by me. So sick of taking meds. I really don't want to have to do that for the next however many years I am on this earth. Seems like I have for so long already.

Don't beat yourself up. Today has been a very somber day for me too. Perhaps it is our weather but you came to the right place! At least I can pop on and say hi. Oh, I sent you a message about a week ago through the private message board. Wasn't sure if you got it so I wanted to let you know.

Keep your chin up and I will give you a ring soon.

Love ya,
Lisa

Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hey Lisa....yup, I did get your message.....and was surprised about a few things...scary what we don't know in life..... I know what you are going through right now...it is so uncertain....and the 1st set of injections...well, they don't hurt anymore than any of the others....if that is anything to be happy about....don't know ifyour Dr. is going to put the steroid in with the rest of the meds....I didn't have the steriods....just the numbing stuff...and it took care of the pain for a few hrs....that is the test...does it take care of the pain?????
Thanks for your caring....I know that it is usually a passing mood...being down is no fun...so we have to get over it!! Thanks for your thoughts and kind words...hope everything goes well for you today....let me know!!!

Leslie

Old 02-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Sage,

Keep your chin up. As long as the police don't come to take your drivers license away, you'll be OK!

the weather can really knock the stuffing out of you. I came into work and told my boss that there is a new front coming through. How do you know? My hardward and legs are telling me all day long! Started when I woke up! So try not to let it bother you too much. Don't be too anxious about the fusing either, Remember that it can take up to 6 months to see good fusion...so be prepared if the doc doesn't see what you want. I'd hate to have you totally disappointed.

Keep your chin up-and put some bumper pads on that chair!

Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I bake...thanks for the message...yeah...I need more than bumper pads on that buggy....my poor corners and doorways...I'll be refinishing them for a while when this is all over....but at least they can be refinished...see...lookingup.... I just have had kind of a down week...all that weather changes we have had in the last 2 months have just about done me in....hate it. I had the 1st SI joint surgery 6/08 and waited almost 1 1/2 yrs. before I admitted that it was a failure...Dr. knew 6 months into the fusion...not me...would not let go...kept on hoping and praying...and so I am just so afraid at this point...can't wait to have the CT scan in March...just to see that I am fusing...that will give me a bit of peace of mind... Thanks for your kind thoughts... I think of all of the others who have moved on...it has been several years now...wow...hope they are all doing better..!! You take care...hope you have some better weather moving in...and less ache...

Leslie

Closed Thread