It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
(male)

tired38 HB User
need help

my first post so it might no t be right. a little history, had a back fusion L1-S5 and it has problems and now the next one up has problems. It's been about 3 years since i started trying to controll my pain and i have been using 5/500 hydrocodone and now the doctor says i have built up a tolorance and my live is up. He trying oxycodone 5/325, but i'm still worryed about my liver. Is thereany thing that i can take that might be easer on my liver and still help with pain.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: need help

I assume you mean L5-S1 fusion (as there is no S5).

You may want to seek out a good pain management physician. They are adept at prescribing the right medications. My PM doc has told me not to worry about liver damage. Even though I've been on Norco 7.5 for a long time it is not enough to cause liver damage per my physician.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
Re: need help

Hi Tired38! The drug that your physician has just put you on is a combination drug. It contains 5 mg. of oxycodone (the narcotic) and 325 mg. of tylenol. It is the tylenol that can damage your liver in high quantities. If you want to take the tylenol out of the equation, your doctor can prescribe plain oxycodone (without the tylenol). Why don't you ask him/her if they will do that for you? Plain oxycodone comes in many different strengths and there is one that is appropriate for you. Good luck with this. Brittle Bones

Closed Thread