It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Clonazepam and Chronic Pain

Hello. I was just wondering. Is there anyone here who is taking clonazepam for pain and or sleep and what mg are you on.

Hope to hear from you back. thank you.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
(female)

jdsun HB User
Re: Clonazepam and Chronic Pain

I was prescribed this from my pain management doctor and took it a couple times, but I didn't feel it did anything for the pain. I recently came off all my pain medications and used it strictly for the withdrawals (per my dr's orders). For sleeping issues, my doctor prescribed me Trazadone. It is suppose to help with nerve pain and helps you sleep. I am currently tapering off this.

Jdsun

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
Hello. I was just wondering. Is there anyone here who is taking clonazepam for pain and or sleep and what mg are you on.

Hope to hear from you back. thank you.
Hello again! -- I posted to you today concerning Diazapam (and oxycontin) I think that Jdsun's suggestion of trazadone is an excellent one. I know she wrote that she is now tapering off Trazadone but didn't say whether or not it helped her at all.
I have been taking Trazadone for at least 4 years. I was prescribed 50mg to be taken nightly for sleep; but I have found that I need only 1/2 pill in order to be relaxed enough to get a restful sleep. I know that you are in intense pain and are taking other meds to help, but trazadone is not an addictive drug - it just relaxes you enough so that you can get to sleep. I have tried drugs in the categorfy of clonazepam and found that it is easy to get addicted to them and so to need more to accomplish the result. I think it might be worth a try for you. You can look it up on Google if you wish. Of course, your doctor would have to give you a prescription.
Good luck!!!! Mabent

Old 05-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
(male)

Myofascial Pain HB UserMyofascial Pain HB User

I was recently prescribed Clonezepam 0.5 mg as a substitute for Valium 10 mg. I was prescribed the Valium to counteract night terrors brought on by my prescription of Adderall. So far it seems to be working fine as a substitute for Valium being another benzodiazepine.

~Myo

Old 06-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
(female)

216888 HB User

yes I was just put on clonazepam for pain and to relax musels. At this time my doc is having me take 1/2 to 1 tablet at bed time. Only took 1/2 last night and I was able to sleep alittle better then I have in 5 1/2 years (cranetromy). Thinking tonight I may try a whole tab. 1mg instead of 1/2. >5mg did get my pain level down to about a 4, which is alot better then my usual level of 6(I use a 1-10 scale) have spoke with a few friends in pain all the time and they tell me they have had great results with anywhere from .5 once a day to .5 3x a day Good luck and always listen to your body

Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janiee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB User

I take Clonazepam (Klonopin) .5mg 1-2 pills every night before I go to bed. I take it because it relaxes my back muscles and makes it easier for me to sleep. I never take it during the day though;it would make me too sleepy. It does work great @ night though!!....janiee

Last edited by janiee08; 06-16-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
(female)

216888 HB User

Hi, My doctor put me on .5mg befor bed last week, what a world of differance it has made in my life, after 5 1/2 years of little or no sleep due to being woken up almost hourly from nerve and mussel pain in my neck and head.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Hello Everybody here. Thanks for answering me. my doctors started me on .5mg also and that didnt' work. I increased the dose and it still didn't work.

Do you know know I need to take 4 mg clonazepam in order to sleep???. It's not cause of tolerance it's cause the pain is so INTESNE. How come this pain in the neck plus this TMJ can interfer and be so INTENSE?

My doctor told me 4mg clonazepam and no more than that a day. What has your doctors told you?

Hope to hear from you. thanks and lot and god bless.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
(male)

ken50 HB User

I've been taking 2mg twice a day(lunch,dinner) for almost 20 years.

I'm allergic to ALL narcotic pain meds, and klonopin does help me deal with my pain somewhat. It doesn't help my pain though.

I now take Prosom and 2 Nuerontin's for sleep.

I took Trazadone for about ten years, but had to stop a few years back because it lowered my fraction rate(heart) to around 40. As soon as I stoped it went back to normal. I really miss the trazadone as it was the only thing that has ever made me sleep well.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
(female)

suncat HB Usersuncat HB User

I take 25 mg sublingual (dissolves in the mouth) which relaxes me and puts me right asleep. It helps with lessening the pain when I wake up in the morning, since that's when I'm at my worst. I don't take it everynight, just when I feel I need it.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ken, I also take one pill of neurontin at night time. I didn't know we're allowed to take two at once. I'm gonna ask my doctor next week.

Yesterday I was able to sleep without any sleeping pills. But I'm feeling crappy... tired...exhausted...That was UNUSUAL - I was able to sleep for full 6 hours without any sleeping pills. I'm starting to feel really bad and tired.
I never feel good cause of this neck pain. It's a never ending story.

Ken where is your pain located???

Old 09-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
(male)

Majere36 HB User

I have been on klonopin. Klonopin is not for pain, it is a an anti anxiety/panic disorder medications and is used for sleep in some situations. I have been on Benzodiazepines for many years 13 as a matter of fact, and I have never heard of it bein gused for pain. slep yes, pain no.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I take Klonopin for a different disorder 10mg a night. It's not really designed as a sleeping med, it's just that it makes you relax, so it should be easier to fall asleep. Have you talked with your Dr. about taking Ambien at night if you're having that severe a difficulty sleeping? I've taken both Ambien and Ambien CR for years, not at the same time *l*. It works great, great nights sleep, no hung-over feeling in the morning. Docs also like to use low dose anti-d's for sleep problems, but when you're in severe pain, it's not gonna work most likely.

take care.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: What meds help for your chronic neck pain??

I have severe chronic neck pain 24/7 and from what I understand it's pressing on my nerves and that's why I'm suffering like that. STrange enough, I got that info from the sleeping doctor.
I'm on Oxycontin 40mg. I once stopped taking it for almost half a year (cold turkey) and did not have any problem. Just like a person who stopped using cigarettes cold turkey. I believe it depends on the person. I didn't sweat, I didn't crave it, I just needed a pain relief but didn't have any. I"m 39, years ago I used to smoke cigrarettes for couple of years and stopped it cold turkey.

On the other hand...When I took Lyrica, and wanted to stop cold turkey that and did it cold turkey I felt like I'm going nuts. What happened is that the pain got worse in the neck I felt like I"m going to shout.

My doctor said that taking narcotic pain meds make you DEPENDENT on it. Not addicted.
I'm a living proof that I didn't shout or crave it Oxycontin, only suffered like before.

At this moment, narcotic pain meds and the fentanyl patch are the the only meds that actually work for chronic pain. Nothing else works really other than clonazepam that works pretty much the same. But you cannot just take clonazepam all the time, cause you will need to increase it also.
I wish I've never had this chronic pain to start with so I didn't have to use the so called " narcotic" pain meds. I can't imagine all the hell our grandparents or even parents had to go through without them or people who live right now and READING this in their third world countries include Russia, Africa, South america, China and more.

Why do you think people in Russia are drinking Vodka and other alcoholic drinks all the times? They're taking it for pain. Is it better to drink alcohol than taking narcotic pain meds? the answer is no, cause you can't drive on it and it can hurt your liver and some other reasons.

So bless your luck anybody here who is allowed to take narcotic pain meds. and remember, it's not addiction it's dependence. There is a difference between the two.

When you have addiction to recreational drug you will always crave taking this drug. It's what they call getting "high". When you have dependce once the pain is gone( I WISH) I will stop taking it, no problem. Luckily I've never tried any recreational drugs in my life so I don't know what it means to get high. THanks god.

But now the new formula of oxycontin is not working like it used to work. So I think I will tell my doctor I want to try the patch or morphine. I will see.

and to sum it all, I can't wait for the moment or miracle that will get me out this misery of chronic pain. To all of you.

Last edited by nochange; 11-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

ilovehawaii HB User
Re: What meds help for your chronic neck pain??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
I have severe chronic neck pain 24/7 and from what I understand it's pressing on my nerves and that's why I'm suffering like that. STrange enough, I got that info from the sleeping doctor.
I'm on Oxycontin 40mg. I once stopped taking it for almost half a year (cold turkey) and did not have any problem. Just like a person who stopped using cigarettes cold turkey. I believe it depends on the person. I didn't sweat, I didn't crave it, I just needed a pain relief but didn't have any. I"m 39, years ago I used to smoke cigrarettes for couple of years and stopped it cold turkey.

On the other hand...When I took Lyrica, and wanted to stop cold turkey that and did it cold turkey I felt like I'm going nuts. What happened is that the pain got worse in the neck I felt like I"m going to shout.

My doctor said that taking narcotic pain meds make you DEPENDENT on it. Not addicted.
I'm a living proof that I didn't shout or crave it Oxycontin, only suffered like before.

At this moment, narcotic pain meds and the fentanyl patch are the the only meds that actually work for chronic pain. Nothing else works really other than clonazepam that works pretty much the same. But you cannot just take clonazepam all the time, cause you will need to increase it also.
I wish I've never had this chronic pain to start with so I didn't have to use the so called " narcotic" pain meds. I can't imagine all the hell our grandparents or even parents had to go through without them or people who live right now and READING this in their third world countries include Russia, Africa, South america, China and more.

Why do you think people in Russia are drinking Vodka and other alcoholic drinks all the times? They're taking it for pain. Is it better to drink alcohol than taking narcotic pain meds? the answer is no, cause you can't drive on it and it can hurt your liver and some other reasons.

So bless your luck anybody here who is allowed to take narcotic pain meds. and remember, it's not addiction it's dependence. There is a difference between the two.

When you have addiction to recreational drug you will always crave taking this drug. It's what they call getting "high". When you have dependce once the pain is gone( I WISH) I will stop taking it, no problem. Luckily I've never tried any recreational drugs in my life so I don't know what it means to get high. THanks god.

But now the new formula of oxycontin is not working like it used to work. So I think I will tell my doctor I want to try the patch or morphine. I will see.

and to sum it all, I can't wait for the moment or miracle that will get me out this misery of chronic pain. To all of you.
How long did you take the oxycontin before you went off of it and when you stopped taking it what did they prescribe in replace of it for pain?

Closed Thread