It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User
Unhappy Hello!

I am a 39 year old female who was prescribed Levaquin for pneumonia. Unfortunately, I had a terrible reaction to it and have severe pain all over my body. I believe it is tendonitis form the antibiotics. It has been 3 months now and I am still in very much pain. Never had a problem before this. I do have a disc in my back that likes to slip out now and then and that hurts pretty bad but usually a few trips to the chiropractor helps. This so different. The pain is in my hands, arms, shoulders, back, hips, legs and feet (pretty much covers my whole body, doesn't it). I do not know if this is going to heal or not. But it is RELENTLESS. I have been told to stop taking NSAIDS (which really weren't helping all that much anyway) by my Dr. cause they are interacting with the Paxil I am taking and affect my platlet function. When I take them, I bruise severely and break out in petechiae. Also upset my tummy. So, I was taking Darvocet N 100 and had an intense flare up and had to take Vicoden. Now I am back on the Darvocet (out of Vicoden) and it is barely working. I also live in the mecca of prescription drug abuse and Drs can be very paranoid about narcotics (yes, I am aware of the risks, but don't have much of a choice at this time). My Dr has been pretty good so far but I am afraid to ask for more. I really feel for anyone who has chronic pain. You just have no clue until you experience it. I am starting to struggle with depression. Any advice would be great and thanks lots!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Hello!

HI-

So sorry for all the pain. You said that you are starting to be depressed. Have you considered Cymbalta? It works on the nerve pain and helps fight depression. You might find that it will help all the way around...

good luck!

Closed Thread