It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

ShebasMom HB User
PHN - Hope for sufferers

There is a new treatment for sufferers of postherpetic neuralgia. I was part of the second phase clinical trial 5 years ago for a newly released treatment for PHN. I am expecting to get the treatment within the next week or two and will be pain-free for the first time (except for the clinical trial time) in 6 years.

You may Google "QUTENZA" to learn more about the treatment. It is a trans-dermal patch and after one application lasting one hour, I was relatively pain-free for 3 months. It took all this time for the FDA to approve the patch and for the manufacturer to get into production, but it is now available.

To the monitors here, I have nothing to do with the manufacturer other than being a part of a double blind clinical trial and anxiously following the progress of the remainder of the trials and the process of the FDA investigation. I can only speak of my own experience, which was nothing short of amazing, being pain free for 3 months with only one application.

I hope I have not violated any of the rules here, and if I have, please forgive me. I only want to let others who suffer this nightmare of PHN know that there IS hope and it IS now available.

God bless you!

ShebasMom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread