It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Question I have a B Complex deficiency - Are certain supplements better?

Hey everyone! I found out recently that I have a Vitamin B Complex deficiency. This makes a lot of sense considering all of the various symptoms and such that I have had in years gone by. Anyway, it will be difficult for me to correct this deficiency with food alone because I don't cook well and eat mainly processed foods and so I am looking for a good but inexpensive (preferably covered by Medicaid) Vitamin B Complex supplement. I know that some forms of Vitamin B supplements are covered by Medicaid because my doctor put me on a Vitamin B6 supplement a month or so ago for chronic wrist/hand/arm pain. It was available via prescription and my Medicaid did cover it. Thankfully, the addition of this vitamin to my daily regimen has helped tremendously with the pain! However, I am just wondering if a generic Vitamin B Complex supplement would work just as well because Medicaid only covers generic prescriptions and then only brand names when there are no generics available. If not, are there any brands that I should consider that don't cost a ton of money? I saw one website that had a Vitamin B Complex supplement that cost $35 for a 250 pill/tablet supply. I thought that was a little expensive myself but I don't know for sure. Anyway, what would you advise me to do?

Oh yeah, since taking the supplements and also ingesting more Vitamin B (of various kinds), I have noticed that I have not had to take any narcotic pain relievers for the past 2 to 3 days and that is quite frankly a miracle for me. Thanks again for your advice in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: I have a B Complex deficiency - Are certain supplements better?

Places like Costco and Walmart sell good quality multivitamins and B Comples tablets quite cheaply.

Given that you dont eat well, a broad spectrum multivitamin/mineral might be the way to go - Costco will sell 500 tablets for about 15 dollars. This provides all the vitamins (a,b,c,d,e, as well as iron, zinc, copper etc)

They also sell high potency vitamin b tablets quite cheaply, 15 dollars for 250 I think

Last edited by jonnstar; 06-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Closed Thread