It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
(male)

rfwilliams1000 HB User
Neck Pain

I get severe pain in the left side of my neck after getting up in the morning. I have tried Aleve and Advil but they do not seem to help rid of the pain.
What usually causes such pain in my neck?

Last edited by rfwilliams1000; 06-16-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

katesmum HB User
Re: Neck Pain

My husband had a similar problem on the left side of his neck, shoulder and forearm.
He had an MRI and it was coming from a pinched nerve.
He's having PT now and it seems to be helping.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Have you ever been injured in your neck as a kid etc...I would do an MRI, my orthopedic has told me that's the only way to tell what's wrong in your neck.

p.s If aleve and advil ibuprofen don't seem to help, I would say MRI is a must.

Also there are lot's of reasons why you suffer from pain the neck, like bulging disks/herniated disks, muscles etc.

al the best and let me know how you doing?.

oh the only thing I can comfort you is that I suffer constantly from pain the neck not only in the morning but it's 24/7. Imagine that.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
(female)

jennica HB User
Lightbulb Re: Neck Pain

O wow, I always blamed my chronic neck pain on my posture (which I'm sure does not help)...but reading this I remember falling ON my head when I was about 11. Hmm.......had issues ever since. Maybe one day I will have health insurance so I can get an MRI - it was already suggested. The clinic doctor said, "you need a job with health insurance". Genius.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Falling on the head can cause bulging disks/herniated disks.
I've always had bad posture but never had any pain in the neck till this accident/whiplash. So don't blame your posture. Something is causing your pain and that ONLY MRI can tell.

Closed Thread