It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
(male)

versaith HB User
hydromorphone 30mg

I am taking care of my father who is on this apparently pretty powerful pain med. I have a lot of traffic through my household and over the last while, my father has built up a lot of excess medication. Should I go as far as throwing out old medication and locking up stuff that is current? I am hearing some conflicting things and am wondering if I'm being a little overly cautious. I also don't really want to spend the money on a safe, but will if theft of this item really is an issue.
Thanks for your help!!!!
Versaith

Last edited by moderator2; 07-21-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: please do not post your email address

Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
(female)

reallywant HB User
Re: hydromorphone 30mg

You should really buy a safe and lock it up. I don't have a lot of traffic in my house, and my medicine is in a safe. It's not worth either God forbid a child getting a hold of it, or someone else taking it and overdosing on it. It's very important to be responsible and I think that a safe and a very secret hiding place extremely important.

R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: hydromorphone 30mg

Or worse yet, that someone steals it and then sells it on the streets. IT's not worth the fear of it. I live with just the hubby and three dogs and mine is locked. I'm a cper. Now I know that the dogs are rescue and not that reliable , but I trust my hubby. I won't even talk to my adult boys about it. Less said the better for everyone.

For your own peace of mind-and ours!-buy yourself a safe to take care of having to keep track of it. Your only other option would be to keep it hidden in your room and that door shut and locked at all times. It's for your own safety also. Lawsuits can be brutal.....

As far as the old meds..some cummunities are against throwing it down the toliet as they say it turns up in the streams and rivers. Ask your pharmacist what to do with the old "stuff", and keep the current meds he takes safe. No sense being confused by what is and isn't in use.

Last edited by ibake&pray; 07-22-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: answered last question

Closed Thread