It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

Cat25 HB User
need answers cause my Dr is not giving me any

I was being tested for a while now for different kinds of arthritis because of certain symptms but nothing was showing up.Thing were starting to sound alot like fibromyalgia until my last blood work.My dr called me in and asked me if i take in alot of calcium and i said no because i am lactose intalerant and things like dairy make me sick.He told me that my calcium is to high and i needed more testing.I asked him what it means to have high calcium and he said it can result in kidney stones and tendanitis.The test he sent me for were for two different kinds of protiens and for my albumin level.I don't know what it;s for.anyway these are the symptoms i have been experiencing for the last 8 months:
Massive migraines
Muscles and joint cramping
muscles twitching
weakness
i want to sleep all the time
blurred vision ( have to re-adjust my eyes sometimes)
Alot of body stiffness
can'tthink straight
Don't remember much anymore
Can't sleep at night because of joint cramping
abdominal pain
can't focus
and the newest one is back pain that spreads from the top of the buttocks to the front of the stomach

Pls i need answers and maybe somone can suggest something mt Dr has not thought of.I have suffered in pain for long enough and i just want out of this nightmare

Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: need answes cause my Dr is not givingme any

Perhaps a consultation with a Rheumatologist would be a good idea, especially if you have only been dealing with your primary care physician.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: need answes cause my Dr is not givingme any

i would have to agree with AZ up there only becasue i personally had some insane knee heat and pain and swelling and my ortho sent me to a rhuemy doc for eval and the MOST in depth and comprehensive type of blood tests i never could have imagined(not finding anything just confirmed my "possible" dx of having RSD in that knee too)? the types of testing that a good rhuemy just does test for like, geez, 50? or so different types of ANYTHING that simply CAN create any levels of inflammation.

and since you just are now also getting that wrap around type of back pain too, a good contrasted MRI, possibly of just that whole spinal may reveal something that can create a good part of your symptoms if the finding actually just 'is' even slightly impacting you spinal cord at some level too? esp a c spine level issue that just CAN impact things within the brain via bloodflow issues up there or something that could be impacting the cord. esp that spinocerebeller tract that does govern alot of functions where you are complaining of symptoms?

i simply ended up with the cerebellar tract damage from a surgery i had to have into my spinal cord,and my my, the functions affected simply goverend by that one little tract that carries all signals to anf from the cerebellum within our brains is pretty profound actually. but it does govern things like vision and balance among other things. but this DOES also impact areas of my legs too?

did they happen to also check your potassium and magnesium levels when they checked your calcium(this IS usually done if that calcium was even checked out)? both of those things CAN have a very profound impact upon muscles and cramping when they are too low? when you mentioned having 'migranes" are these actual true either common or classic migrane or is this just what it just 'feels like' to 'you'? that it is sooo bad it feels like what a migrane would feel like or dxed migrne disorder? i personally get the classic migrane with pre aura before i get slammed with the freaking headpain?

but i would seek out that rheumy if you have not already done so. they just DO test for sooo many different inflammatory types of possibles there like no other doc i have EVER seen in my life. it would exclude or include one heck of alot with one blood draw. and i would see about that contrasted c spine on down type of MRI too? if there just is anything at the vascular level,esp up in that very critical neck area too, it would show itself with that contrat being added to the MRI since it does simply really highlight the vessels really well vs MRI without it can?

since you just ARE in that more 'diagnostic phase" here, testing and ruling out really IS the only way to start more solidly ruling things in or out as a possible real dx of what is underlying in all this. this unfortunetly just comes with the territory when trying to get to the base, or generator of anyones ongoing symptoms. that ONE type of MRI would simply rule out or in MANY different things for you and your doc. i do wish you luck with this and hope they can find out much sooner vs later just what IS generating all this crap for you. please DO keep us posted cat, marcia

Last edited by feelbad; 08-07-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: just be'in me

Closed Thread