It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

inquirer HB User
Wink ankylosing spondylitis

Hello,

Has anyone had "nerve block injections" for "ankylosing spondylitis" back pain, and if so could you give me some info on it? Does it work? If so, how well does it work in reducing pain?

Thank you

Old 08-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
(female)

merlin215 HB User
Re: ankylosing spondylitis

Yes I have had them for my AS. The relief was wonderful for about 48hrs, then nothing. I have tried everything. In my opinion, what you have to go through to have the injections arent worth the money or the let down. Im sorry but that is what I have gone through. Everyone is different, what works for you might not work for me. I have talked with others suffering from AS and they raved about the injections, so, actually there is no harm in trying anything. Best of luck to you and I hope you can find relief.

Debbie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

Remicademan HB User

Hi. I have been having ankylosing spondylytis for 10 years now. It went undetected for 4 years and then got diagnosed... i have been on a medicine called "remicade" to treat this condition for past 5 years. The dosage is given by IV in a doctors' office every 8-10 weeks. But the medicine really worked in my case and I have been living a normal life with this medicine.

I dont know if I will ever get off of it, but lately I have been getting into other health problems such as High BP, and I knoewthat my whole family tree has heart disease and diabetes.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

The general idea is that you get a nerve block as a seat, to see if that particular nerve is contributing significantly to your pain - if it works, a RFN/RFA (radio frequenxy neurotomy/ablation) is the next step, to take the nerve out long term. The releif from an RFN can last literaly years

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Closed Thread