It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
(male)

andyjanicki HB User
Nerve blocks for buttock pain

I have a spinal cord injury and use a wheelchair as my sole means of mobility. I have been battling with extreme nerve pain in my ischial tuberosity region (the main "sit bones" of the pelvis) for almost a year now. CT scans show that I have severe inflammation in both of these areas, in turn causing this pain. The last procedure that I had done was a caudal epidural which resulted in no relief past the point of the local anesthetic.

I have been looking into further options and see that for more severe pain the same procedure can be performed but with opioids being injected instead of steroids. Even more severe pain has been treated by freezing or heating the specific nerve.

Has anyone ever had any of these done and if so how did things go?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
(female)

DDD Sara HB UserDDD Sara HB UserDDD Sara HB User
Re: Nerve blocks for buttock pain

I've heard of Prolotherapy used for this not pain meds injected in. Are you using a donut cushion to sit on? Hope it eases up for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread