It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
(female)

amberdylz HB User
Lightbulb anyone feeling wise today?

if you are please look at my last post titled "Could do with some advice pleeeeeeaaassseee" . i could really do with a fresh brain to think over my predicament id be so greatful any advice is welcome

Last edited by amberdylz; 10-10-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
(male)

087eggman73 HB User
Re: anyone feeling wise today?

hello i have an annular tare in one of my discs. The disc was operated on seven years ago and has gone again i,m in agony for the last month or so the doc put me on valium, diafene, and tramadol with no effect but believe it or not the only thing that is taking the edge of it is nurofen +. sean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
(male)

087eggman73 HB User

i have an annular tare in one of my discs which is hitting of a nerve. the doc put me on valium, diafene, and tramadol but believe it or not the only thing that takes the edge of it is nurofen+ sean

Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
(male)

087eggman73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 087eggman73 View Post
i have an annular tare in one of my discs which is hitting of a nerve. the doc put me on valium, diafene, and tramadol but believe it or not the only thing that takes the edge of it is nurofen+ sean

Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

amberdylz HB User

wish mine was that easy nothing seems to work. im prescribed 200mg tramadol 3x a day and ibruprofen and paracetomol, ive tried everything and anything that sold a the pharmacy including heat and cold patches been on fentanyl and gabapentin before aswell. its like my body gets used to everything and then they stop working?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
(male)

087eggman73 HB User

i know its unbearable. i.ve been in a recliner chair since last tuesday the only place i can get some ease. i went to see a therapist yesterday he has a padra pio relic which he puts under your head when he does his thing i was lying on his couch he just used one finger he tapped different parts of my hand and chest for about ten minutes to be honest i said to my self what the hell is he doing when finished he told me to get hot water with sea salt soak a towel and put it on my back put a dry towel over it and pull it tight keep it there for about 10 minutes once a day for 10 days and i have to say today was the least pain i had for the last two weeks.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
(female)

amberdylz HB User

that sounds pretty good, ive also gone down the alternative med route and im doing acupunture been doin it for bout 8 months it was great at 1st she put these pins in my ears and they stay in for up to a week tiny little gold pins you can hardly see them. the first time she done it i was PAIN FREE for about 3 days it was the first time in a yr and a half!!! but that like the normal meds ive taken gradually stopped working i still go but it just frustrating now i wont rule any thing out tho theres got to be something out there right? i tried sea salt baths put practically a whole bag in every day for a week (quite expensive) sadly no joy with that either. it amazes me how different people react to different things????

Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
(male)

087eggman73 HB User

god love you. you think your bad untill you hear someone elses story.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
(female)

amberdylz HB User

gosh am i going on im sorry lol i know what you mean tho while ive been on a few of these forums and it really does make you realise your not the only one and there are people alot more worse of then me. these site have been a godsend for me just talking to people who understand as much as my family tries and im blessed to have them but they wont understand fully what its like everyday. its good to know there are other people just muddeling along just like me

Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
(male)

087eggman73 HB User

i came across a product the last time i had a disc out. its called pain ease patch its 2 plaster like patches that send small electrical currents to increase the blood flow i found them very good you might get some ease from them.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-10-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 10-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
(female)

amberdylz HB User

i think ive tried something like tat this was calld a tens machine i also used it when i was in labour it worked then it just hurts now but ill write that down to take to the pm dr ill try anything thankyou

Old 10-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Amberdyz...I doubt I could help you much, my pain is not in my back, it's in my knees/ankles/hips. I have a Degenerative Cartiledge Disease and Severe Osteoarthritis. The Cartiledge in my knees basically just disentegrates over time to where everything is bone on bone. I have had 18 surgeries in the last 11 years. My knees have been rebuilt and are mostly metal screws and plates. The next move is to replace both of them, but as I'm only 42 and replacements only last for about 10 years, I'm most likely looking at several in my lifetime, so my ortho and I have tried to put them off as long as possible. I have been on serious PM meds for the last 8 years. Currently I am on Oxycontin 120mg a day, Percocet up to 6 10/325 per day, Ibuprophen 1200mg per day, Ambien 12.5mg at night, Voltarin Gel 2xper day, and Lidoderm patches. I walk with a permanent limp, a cane sometimes, crutches sometimes depending on how well my legs are working when I get up each day. I can't bend my knees completely nor straighten them out completely, so they kinda stay in between. I take the Ambien at night because the pain is so bad, it's the only way I can sleep. Alot of times i have to get in the bathtub and "boil" my knees, basically use scalding hot water and just soak in it until they're numb for a bit. I have 2 children one is 20 and the other is 11. I want you to know you are not a bad mother just because you have to deal with this terrible pain and can't do everything physical with your son. My oldest son has grown up with my physical limitations and he still feels loved and cared for. He knows that what a person does is not so important as how they love and care for you. My youngest son is growing up with these same lessons. I take care to do things with him that are fun, but still fit into the realm of possibility for me. We play a lot of board games and do art projects and coloring and painting. I just wanted to let you know that you're not a terrible mother just because your physical actions are limited. You can still let your child know that he is loved, cared for and very special.

Good luck with your doctor. Kat

Old 10-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #13
(female)

amberdylz HB User

kaitlin altho we have different troubles you do sound alot lke me i have to walk with a splint to keep my foot up most are very painful and ive ended up using one ur only supposed to use indoors all the time its not as supportive but its not so painful i also walk with a crutch to help my hip with the stresses of lifting my foot i hav also got a wheelchair on hand just in case. me my lovely boyfriend and son do lts of painting and drawing its nice to sit together and do something we lso eat at the table at every dinner time it is hard because my son is only 3 and doesnt quite understand why mummy cant run around like i used to but i know he know this is a very loving house and im blessed wih my family just wish the drs could do something to better the quality of life just a little bit. u sound very strong and these sites have also been a blessing just to no im not on my own stay sttrong hope things get easier and thankyou for your reply x

Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

This is a great site and has helped me many times when I am down and don't think I can go on. We all get that way from time to time. And you sound like a great "mum", your doing all that you can do to make your sons like great. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the docs can find you some releif soon.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #15
(female)

amberdylz HB User

thankyou kaitlin that means alot in this situation constantly judging myself and my mothering but its always a help when someone says i am doing a good job i wish the best for you and your boys good luck in controlling the pain i think thats all we can hope for

Closed Thread