It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
(male)

sailscan HB User
Anyone knows a better treatment for myofascial pain?

I have this neck, back, and update chest pain for about a year. I have been through a lot of exams, still no doc tell me what the problem is. I figure I have this chronic myofascial pain, and any one can tell me what the best treatment is?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Re: Anyone knows a better treatment for myofascial pain?

Hi and welcome!

Have you been diagnosed with chronic myofascial pain, or are you guessing that is the problem for lack of other diagnosis? If you have myofascial trigger points you, a doctor, or therapist should be able to find them and specifically identify them as trigger points. Your best bet for treatment is a physical or massage therapist who specializes inmyofascial release. Not even all PM physicians recognize myofascial trigger points as a disease, I had a PM doc mis diagnose mine as multiple other things for three years and underwent dozens of needless steroid injections epidural and otherwise before my primary care doctor finally diagnosed the myofascial trigger points. Your best bet is a massage therapist who specializes in management of these. Check the local phone listings for a school, that might be the best place for a referral.

Tigg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
(male)

sailscan HB User
Re: Anyone knows a better treatment for myofascial pain?

Hi Tigg,

Thank you for the info, Actually, I have gone through lot of exams and no doc tell me that I have myofasial trigger point. After searching online and read the post in this site, I think I have myofascial problem. My PT told me that I may have myofascial trigger points, but he could not find them. Ok, I will check out my local scholl and find a guy to treat me.

One more question, the myofascial trigger point therapist can cure this pain, or just temp reduce the pain?

Thank you again,

Steven

Closed Thread