It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
(male)

bigal73 HB User
Unhappy crazy dr

ok what do u do when u have a dr that makes u feel like a street junkie when all u want is to get some relief as we all no that u cannot get total relief from narcotics soem of the thinges my dr has done is leavin my ua sitting out without sealing them so that anyone of a number of people could mess with my ua also called me and said u must come in today for a pill count when he knows u only have one car when ur wife is at work also never having any problems with ua or pill counts iam going to try to ask him for release from my pain contract as the only way my main healthcare providoe will refer me to someone else any body have any ideas? thanks

Old 11-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
(male)

bstinch HB User
Re: crazy dr

big al...ive heard of drs asking for a pill count, but havent experienced it myself...been in pain mgmt for 4 years...i would do the same...change drs; it seems to me that ur dr thinks you.re abusing them..if its not strong enough , you need to let em know/wont worry about pill count then...i am in insurance gap-non coverage and my dr knows that i can take the breakthrough pain meds around the clock, but the tx is no enough for that...he realizes my position and pain...it doesnt seem to me that ur dr is looking out for u...u might have to pay to have your records transferred, but, i surely would see someone else

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
(female)

CP LIFER365 HB User
Re: crazy dr

CRAZY DOCTOR! I can relate. My appt. is on Friday and my meds are due to be filled on FRIDAY. I just received a call from the ofc. stating that my doctor will be out of the office this week and will not be in till next week. THIS HAS HAPPENED before. I am set up w/ a consult w/ a new dr. next wed. BUT what do you do in the meantime?? THIS IS ridiculous how we are at the mercy of these pharmacists and doctors. I am in a tail spin and do not know what to do and I'm sure to run out of my meds. GOOD luck finding a new dr. I know I'm in for it, because I'm not so sure the NEW dr. will pick up my current treatment and I'm probably going in there for nothing. I read on the boards this week that a dr. in my area was being investigated and I called to set up a consult w/ this dr. and they told me he is no longer taking new patients and is not allowed to fill meds anylonger... she sort of giggled and said good luck in finding a dr and I HOPE you get the medication you need. THAT was a loaded statement and I KNEW exactly what she meant.!!

Closed Thread