It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
(female)

calq HB User
Unhappy I'm tired of hurting all the time.

I need help/opinions.
I'm a 22 year old female who's always been in excellent shape and health.
Two years ago I started getting horrible pains in what I believed to be my ovaries. A surgery resulted in several removed cysts, a small tumor and endometriosis. One month later the pain was back & I was placed on Lupron Depot (basically an artificially induced menopause to suppress endometriosis.) I was on Lupron for almost a year when it just stopped working and the pain came back ten fold. Another surgery later the doctor stated there was nothing wrong with me and I was making this up. I'm working with my employer who is a OBGYN and specializes in HRT. He has me scheduled to see a gastro-intestinal doctor for a colonoscopy but we're really at a loss as to what's wrong with me. Mind you only ONE doctor has opened me up, the same doctor is the only one who has ever done an ultrasound on me. He says there's nothing there and told me it's all in my head. I can't walk, sit, move or do anything! I'm a college student who can't even go to my classes because I can't muster up the strength to get ready unless under heavy narcotics and even then I STILL feel the pain. I'm gaining weight and can't lose it, my BM have changed, I'm horrible irritable, I'm suffering in my relationship w/ my fiance, does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong with me?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB UserPegala HB User
Re: I'm tired of hurting all the time.

Calq,
I don't know what's wrong with you, but I feel for you being so young and being in pain. If I were you I would start both a pain journal and a binder for my medical notes. I would make notes in the pain journal at least twice a day. I'd put the date, time, pain level (on a scale of 1-10), activity level, and what I'm doing that's helping or making the pain worse. Having this information will give the doctors data which will help them immensely. It will also help you see patterns, and possibly give you some insight into ways to help the pain.
I would also start a health binder. I'd put in any and all information about what's going on. I'd take notes when I go to the doctor, and include all meds, and test results.
At this point you're going to have to get really proactive in order to get to the bottom of your pain. The one thing NOT to do, is to believe that the pain is all in your head. There are answers out there, keep at it, and you'll get to the bottom of it.
We're here to support you. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
Peggy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
(female)

calq HB User
Re: I'm tired of hurting all the time.

Great idea about the journals, I've never even thought of that. The pain literally never goes away, it use too but I'm not so lucky anymore but possibly I can find some correlation. Thanks so much for your advice

Closed Thread