It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
(male)

slowmoe1950 HB User
my new pcp

Hi all i went to my new pcp today and let me telll u what this guy is awesome i mean awesome i went to him to get blood work done and establish a pcp like my pm doctor wanted and this guy is awesome hes younger than me but this gyy cares anyway heres something weird he prescibed me cymbalta,adderal, xanax, and baclofen and I had to sign a pain agreement with him but i didnt get any pain meds from him?????? He said he didnt think it would interfere with my pm agreement but i dont see how it cant anyway if it hits the fan im getting on my new pcp boat for sure!!!! always remeber this for ever person who despises you there is another just dying to help u thanks guys for everthing and God blesss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: my new pcp

All of the meds you mentioned are often used for pain, though they may not have been developed primarily as pain meds (with the possible exception of Cymbalta, which was expected to be as effective as previous antidepressants in relieving nerve pain.) When meds are used for purposes other than what they were developed for, that's what is known as "off-label" use, even if the meds become more commonly used for these other uses. Basically, these off-label uses generally come about when beneficial side-effects are noted with the drugs' use. Viagara is one of the more recent and well-known examples of this (having been designed as a drug for lowering blood pressure.)

As for having you sign a medication contract, that's common practice for pain management physicians, regardless of the meds or other therapies they might prescribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmoe1950 View Post
Hi all i went to my new pcp today and let me telll u what this guy is awesome i mean awesome i went to him to get blood work done and establish a pcp like my pm doctor wanted and this guy is awesome hes younger than me but this gyy cares anyway heres something weird he prescibed me cymbalta,adderal, xanax, and baclofen and I had to sign a pain agreement with him but i didnt get any pain meds from him?????? He said he didnt think it would interfere with my pm agreement but i dont see how it cant anyway if it hits the fan im getting on my new pcp boat for sure!!!! always remeber this for ever person who despises you there is another just dying to help u thanks guys for everthing and God blesss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread