It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

amberdylz HB User
chronic pain and pregnancy

im 22 ive got a 3 nearly 4 yr old son ive suffered withchronic pain for 2 yrs since i fell and broke my T12 verterbrea als since the surgery i was left with drop foot on the right side which means i have to lift my leg high up when i walk so i dont trip on my floppy foot. my pain is from the top of my back down to my hip joints and right knee. me and my partner would love to have a bab sooner rather then later as i seem to be getting worse and im worried in another 2 yrs it mite be impossible for me to cary a baby for 9 monhs.my pm dr has prescribed me some new meds no sure wot they are yet i pick them up tomorro, she said to wait 3 months on these new meds before i think any more of having a baby, i just wanted to know if any one else suffering from chronic pain has had a baby whilst suffering and how bad was it does anyone have any thoughts or advice? id be very greatful thanku for reading

Old 11-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: chronic pain and pregnancy

I went through 2 pregnancies while dealing with Chronic Pain. One 20 yrs. ago and one 12 yrs. ago. My pain is in my knee and hip joints, so pregnancy was hard, because of all the gained weight it caused alot of pain on my knees. Also since my hip bones didn't work right, they never gained the "elasticity" that a woman gets while in labor, which allows her hips to widen and open up. Needless to say after 26 hrs. of labor I had an emergency C-section. With my second son I had a planned C-section. I also had to restrict a good deal of my pain meds while pregnant....what mama takes baby takes. Narcotics due cross the Placenta.

So thats it for me. Welcome to the Boards by the way. I hope you find peace and comfort amongst all of your peers.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: chronic pain and pregnancy

Have you tried acupuncture or other non-drug therapies? Also, have you had your vitamin levels checked, especially D and B-complex vitamins? I would never have believed that my pain levels would respond so much to vitamin deficiencies, but once mine were corrected (after years of dealing with incredible nerve pain,) I feel like I've been given my life back. It is absolutely in your best interest to have your doctor check these vitamin levels.

Closed Thread