It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

stertaz HB User
So aggravating!!!

I've been living with chronic pain for over 5 years. Cervical and lumbar pain. I have a good PM doc, and the right combo of RXs. About 4 weeks ago, I got a bad cold, and stopped taking the painkillers because I didn't want to mix them with the cold medicines I was taking. Well I detoxed while I had the cold.. so I haven't been taking the RXs. And I've been fine for 3 weeks. No pain in either area.

Then here it comes, creeping back.... first my neck began to hurt about a week ago.. now my back is starting to say hello again.

Makes me soooo aggrevated thinking I'm getting away with no pain and then it creeps it's way back into my life!! SO unfair!!!

But who said life was ever fair? Humph!

I just had to vent.. and I'm sure family and friends are tired of hearing it after 5 years. So I vented here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

maltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB User
Re: So aggravating!!!

Vent away! It is frustrating and I don't know a better place to come to let off steam. I'm just greatful for any break from the pain that I get. I've finally accepted that pain is going to be a part of my life forever so I try hard not to get too frustrated but it's hard sometimes.

For me the hardest thing isn't the pain itself as much as the envy I feel when seeing someone my age working in the yard or jogging, or whatever. I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I sure can't help the twinges of sorrow I get.

Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Venting is good for the soul. Look at it this way..you had three weeks, that's three weeks of meds that you savedfor another time. You either get a little stockpile or you just saved for three extra weeks. We have to look for the bright side somewhere!

My hubby is sooo good and kind, but I think that he gets tired of it also. Especially on weekends when I will late taking my meds and the pain starts getting hold...so I come here and read and post..makes it better for both of us...

hang in there and vent away.....

Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Be careful about ceasing the medications. I did talk to my pharmacist about cold meds with my pain meds and he said it was fine as long as my pain meds don't already cause me drowsiness which they don't. So I continued my MS Contin, Percocet, Soma and Neurontin while taking cold meds that contain decongestants and antihistamines and cough suppressant.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
(female)

stertaz HB User

Oh good, I'm glad y'all get it too! I do have a stockpile of meds now. So that's the plus side. 8~)

And let's not go into the "envy" part of this life we are dealt! LOL I'd be in jail with multiple life sentences if I acted on how many times I got jealous of people my age out living a "normal" life! I'm still a child in my 42 year old mind, and I'll jump on a go-cart and bang around a track. Pay for it dearly as soon as I get off the thing, and the next day, the next week, the next month... but for those 10 minutes I was still 12! So yeah, I don't do that often, but I'm a stubborn one. 8~)

Thanks SpineAZ for the advice, I just hate mixing so many meds, no matter who says they are OK. I made sure with my PM doc that taking my Lunesta with the Nucynta and Zanaflex is OK, and he said it is perfectly safe. But I won't take the Nucynta or Zanaflex anywhere past 8pm.... and take the Lunesta at 10:30. "Just in case...."

Closed Thread