It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
(male)

smithesque HB User
What does prescription rejection look like?

I'm prescribed 45 hydrocodone at a time for lower back pain. That lasts me about a month. I just phoned in a renewal a few days ago (as usual, about a month from the last refill) and I'm vaguely concerned that it hasn't been approved yet. When I phoned in to check (CVS) the automatic system told me it had been submitted but was still awaiting approval. Usually it takes about a day, but it's now the second day.

I'm not bothered about the lack of meds -- my pain is intermittent, and I'm not too bothered right now. I'm just worried that the fact the prescription is still awaiting approval means that it is going to be rejected, in which case I'd be worried that my *physician* has become worried. (If that turns out to be the case, I'll go have a chat, but still it's not nice thinking someone may suspect a problem.)

Any pharmacists know how this works? If a script gets refused, do I get told "it's refused", or does it simply stay in its "awaiting approval" state forever?

(FYI - my prescription is 1-2 tablets up to four times daily. I get 45 tablets in a refill. I already asked on this board about six months ago (when I was first prescribed) if 45 tablets in 30 days, always at or under the prescribed dose, sounded OK, and the general agreement was that it is.)

thanks for your advice.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
(male)

smithesque HB User
Re: What does prescription rejection look like?

Ah, forget it. It just got refilled.

Sigh. I do hate this though. There's so much rampant paranoia about misuse that regular non-misusers get worried sick about nothing. It's enough to make you avoid the meds, just put up with the pain, and take whatever physiological consequences come with that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

Sometimes it takes the doc longer to refill than others.

Glad you are OK

Pup

Old 01-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #4
(male)

smithesque HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcake View Post
Sometimes it takes the doc longer to refill than others.

Glad you are OK

Pup
Thanks Pup. It's a big practice so yes I imagine they have a lot of scripts to check and approve. The only reason I was concerned was because it was longer than normal. By any objective standard, a couple of days isn't long.

Thanks for your concern.

Closed Thread