It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

cinci32andi95 HB User
normal vs extreme pain

I have functional dyspepsia and it causes a lot of pain and nausea. Lately I have been having a horrible pain in a new place. Its not my normal pain. I got so bad that I went to the ED at nationwide children twice.

I've talked to my pain mg. Doctor and my GI. One said go to the hospital if it happens again, the other didn't really say. If it comes back should I go back to the ED? I don't want to keep going and have to pee in a cup, take a GI cocktail, and get a shot in the butt then sent home with no more answeres then your just being a baby, its in your head, its just your normal pain when it is clearly not normal.

So what do I do? Keep going when it comes back till they admit me for test? Or do I just find away to deal with it when I'm on the floor crippled? Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: normal vs extreme pain

Who is the primary docctor for you on this? I would sit down with him and work out a plan for meds to cover a flare like this. You didn't say where your new pain was coming from and if you think it is related to your other disease. IF you think it's from elsewhere, perhaps you need to have an MRI done to see what is acting up...but you need to do it when you aren't writhing in pain....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Sounds like you really need to get in to see a good internist and find out exactly what is going on to cause these flare ups. You'll get much farther if you find one and schedule it on your own, as opposed to relying on the ED to do it. Perhaps you could see if your primary doc could give you a recommendation? Hopefully you could get some answers this way.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
(female)

cinci32andi95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Sounds like you really need to get in to see a good internist and find out exactly what is going on to cause these flare ups. You'll get much farther if you find one and schedule it on your own, as opposed to relying on the ED to do it. Perhaps you could see if your primary doc could give you a recommendation? Hopefully you could get some answers this way.
I have asked my PCP for a recommendation and he sent me to my GI. I had another bad flare up of my normal symptoms and the extrem Abdomen pain. Its too high for my normal pain. but I did not go to the ED, I worked through the pain and nausea until it went away(after about four hours. It was not as horrible as the last but it still hurt. My mom called my GI and she's trying to get me in to see him. Right now I will see him in february. Hopefully the pain wont come back, my last flare up was two days ago and hasn't came back yet.

If it comes back should I request an earlier appt.? Its hard just to get a reg. Appt.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
(female)

cinci32andi95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
Who is the primary docctor for you on this? I would sit down with him and work out a plan for meds to cover a flare like this. You didn't say where your new pain was coming from and if you think it is related to your other disease. IF you think it's from elsewhere, perhaps you need to have an MRI done to see what is acting up...but you need to do it when you aren't writhing in pain....
One of my problems is that I really don't have a primary doctor. I see my pain mangment doctor every month but he's only for the pain stuff. My GI takes care of all the other symptoms and tests and what not. I don't see my GI on a regular basis. My mother and I feel very in between doctors. All my mother and I can do is talk to my GI over the phone and retell what happened. He says he's very sure of his diagnoses, and doesn't what to do to many test. I will try to get him to do some kind of new test like a follow through or white blood cell scan. Besides a MRI is there anything else I could try? I have had normal x-rays, an abdomen CT scan with contrast , and endoscope.

Closed Thread