It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
(male)

tinknocker HB User
switching from percocet to methadone (dosing)?

Hello everyone I want to start out saying there are a lot of very educated people in here and its awesome for someone with chronic pain to have their own little support group. I have been on pain meds for 15 months now. I have what they think is called keinbocks disease. Its a disorder in the wrist wear one of your wrist bones slowly die. To top it off I work in the commercial and industrial construction industry. I have been on percocet at 20 mg 4 x a day. I asked my doc to switch to something longer lasting and tried ms contin for a while but didn't like the side effects. So now I am on 10 mg of methadone 3 x a day. Does my doc have the dosing right? It seems low to me. Keep in mind he is also my family doc. He does actually care about me though and that's huge.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: switching from percocet to methadone (dosing)?

I think the main question would be, how is it managing your pain? Is it knocking it down? I'm sure you realize that you won't be able to get rid of your pain 100%, but are merely trying to get it to a mangeable level like a 3 or so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread