It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

Leelee28 HB UserLeelee28 HB User
Question Recurrent localized RLQ pain

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope tuis is an appropriate location. Since February 14th, 2009 I have had episodic RLQ pain. It always occurs in the same spot, around where i would think my right ovary is, about 2 inches medially from my pelvic bone (but maybe 1/2 - 1 inch lower then the Anterior superior iliac spine) When it occurs it's dull and achy and will last anywhere from 15 mins to and hour or more. Pressing on it can hurt and so can increasing andominal pressure. I was checked back then but no results. This past October it started getting worse and more noticable, so I started tracking the days. There is no pattern and typically it will last for 10 days to two weeks. I have had Mirena since January 2009 so I don't menstruate and I have IBS so I can't associate it with changes in bowel habits. If I have a bowel movement when I feel pain the pain is generally not relieved. I went to my gynecologist in November and had a US and they found a "possible" cyst in my right ovary but it only measured 3.1 cm. I had a follow up US last week and the "cyst" measured 1.5 cm, but I still get pain. My gynecologist kept asking if I was sure it wasn't bowel related but I don't think it is. I can go a week without a BM and have pain and then a week with multiple daily BMs and have pain. I am very gassy but I'm skeptical of that because it is SO localized. Sometimes the pain is really bad and sometimes it's just annoying. It's getting frustrating and I want to know what the problem is. Anyone ever have something like this or have suggestions on what it could be/ I should do? One last thing is I have fibromyalgia and Raynaud's. I have great blood work all the time and no one can ever find something abnormal (except my elevated prolactin levels).

Thanks for taking time to read this. I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Last edited by Leelee28; 02-16-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Recurrent localized RLQ pain

Sounds like you might need to be "scoped" to try and see whats going on inside. have you thought of suggesting this to your doctor? Or what about more tests, a pelvic MRI, kidney, liver, gallbladder screens? I know how infuriating it can be, i also have IBS, kidney disease, and had to have a complete hysterectomy a few years ago due to advanced endometriosis. In addition I've had 3 bladder surgeries, a Nissan Fundliplication, Hiatal Hernia repair, Gall Bladder removed 2 C-Sections and Kidney stones surgically removed....lots of abdominal surgeries. There are just so many things that it could be, it's hard to know unless they either do lots of scans or do an endoscopy and check things out.

Kat

Closed Thread