It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

suncat HB Usersuncat HB User
Smile New treatment for neuropathic/visceral pain

My pain management physician has the revolutionary "Calmare" mutliprocessor apparatus that treats chronic high intensity neuropathic pain and cancer pain and recommended I read about it to consider trying.

It uses a biophysical rather than a biochemical approach. It works through the nerve fibers and sends non pain receptors to the brain. It resets the central nervous system if you will. I have fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis and I'm thinking of trying it. They've had good results with neuropathies and abdominal pain patients. Insurance doesn't cover it yet but my pain management doc is going to write a letter to my insurance company to justify covering it since nothing else really takes the pain away. I'm interested in knowing f anyone has tried it yet? I think there are only about a dozen areas in the country that have the machine. Google Calmare to read about it. I'm really excited that there are some cutting edge technologies coming out and have the belief that we'll have much better treatment options soon besides medications.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: New treatment for neuropathic/visceral pain

Is this a type of biofeedback pain control? If so that's been around for a while now and some people have a good response with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
(female)

No, it's not biofeedback.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

Kat3441 HB User

My Dr. in Fl is reccommending this treatment for RSD. My issue is the price, I emailed the company and they are not helping patients with the cost. My next step will be to see if I can get my insurance company to help. I have spoken with patients in my Dr. office who have had this treatment, they went from taking 6+ percocet a day to taking advil. I would love to be off of my pain medication. I would be happy to cut down on the amount. My RSD has been spreading lately and I would like to stop it now before it gets worse. If anyone else has had the Calmare Pain Therapy I am interested in the results.

Thanks,
K.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:00 AM   #5
(female)

Kat,
My PM doc wrote a letter to my insurance company asking that they cover it. Of course they denied coverage. However, I am allowed one appeal which I will do. Otherwise it's $1500 out of pocket. Best of luck.

Closed Thread