It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

RubyGem HB User
In Agony

Hello all. I hurt bad today and feel really bad. Fist time on any board so understand I'm desperate. I have in the past had two unsuccessful cervical spine fusions and wont bore u with details, but have been a chronic pain pt with contract for over 10 yrs. Meds were vicodin mscontin valium. Never violated contract and not a seeker. I am STUNNED that my pc doctor dropped many patients (the ones without health care which includes me). Was in the middle of filing for db...and I found out he dropped all his non insured pts when i called for refills! Got a big fat no! No warning...and to no avail I tried to get into a clinic and still have another month on waithing list. Been without meds for 4 months. I've taken more ibu, asprin in them months than I have in my entire life....and between the pain and the restless leg syndrome I'm now loosing my mind. And no I cannot talk doc into carrying me until I find another doc- they wont do it!? I made one run over to christ hospital, and as the doctor was walking in the room and even before he saw me I heard him boast WELL I'M NOT GIVING HER ANY MEDS. He hadnt even seen me yet I was given flexeril! Is it not bad enough I have been suffering sooooo bad - must I be treated like a felon too? Today is a very very bad day for me. I dont know what to do...every second is too much too bear.

The following user gives a hug of support to RubyGem:
Boxerluver (03-09-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User
Re: In Agony

I am so sorry you are going through this! If you signed a contract, usually there is something that the doc would cover one months worth of meds. That he did not do this is cruel! More and more docs are doing this due to the new rule changes and the threats from the DEA and FDA.

I know it doesn't help now but hang in there! Your appointment is coming soon and hopefully they will be able to help. The way I look at it is that I was in pain for years before I got diagnosed and I made it through that, I can make it through a little more time if that's what it takes. Don't let this *** of a doc get to you. Yes it is awful how we are treated and when you get in with a good pain doc, this will all be behind you!

The only other thing I can offer until you get in to the pain clinic is to ask your GP to cover you till your appointment. Hang in there, and we are here when you need to vent!

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxerluver For This Useful Post:
RubyGem (03-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread